Chapter 88: Nakama Protects Each Other

I do not own One Piece
........................................................

I sighed, watching as the three males ran off. I've already made Sanji cry after calling him out, yet it was clear he shouldn't be completely trusted. Of course Zoro was chosen to keep Sanji in line, though that also means they'll be gripping at each other the whole time.

Hopefully they won't take too long.

As I had finished drawing already, I had taken a spot next to Robin. She was quick to start messing with my hair. Since we've been running around, and Luffy wasn't one for walking most of the time, a good amount of my hair had come out of the braid and was looking quite messy. So when Robin began taking my hair out of the braid and running her fingers through it to fix it, I didn't object.

"The real problem is those kids." Chopper said, his face taking an unpleasant look as Franky's facial expressions took over. "What are we gonna do with 'em?" He had managed to transform into Chopper's main form, which was supposed to be cute. However it appeared to have a touch of Franky, which somehow got rid of Chopper's cuteness.

I felt Robin pause and glare at Chopper, "Franky, I don't want you to speak again in that form." Her eyes hardened, "Ever."

I hummed in agreement quietly. Robin resumed braiding my hair. Her fingers tugged a little as she tried to brush out the few tangles that had formed in my hair.

"I see why you braid you hair." She muttered, "It's gotten long." Again I hummed in agreement.

A cry of pain drew our attention as one of the giant kids suddenly collapsed, crying out in pain. I froze, my blood running cold as he cried out in pain.

Robin's hands froze for a moment before starting up again, taking another moment to softly pat my back as if to take away my attention. More of the giant kids began to collapse and cry out in pain.

"What the fuck did he do to them." I mumbled, trying to shut off the panic that was trying to take control inside of me.

"All the bigger ones are collapsing left and right!" Franky shouted, looking around worriedly.

"You were examining them, right?! Are they sick after all, Chopper?!" Nami panicked and looked towards Sanji's body.

"No." Chopper answered, stepping closer to the children. "Do you kids want anything? What are you usually doing around this time?"

I narrowed my eyes. He knew something already, but he wanted to confirm it.

"Usually...?" The first kid that had collapsed answered, though he looked as if he was foaming at the mouth. "We have our testing time... and then we get our candy..."

"Holy shit..." I mumbled, standing up. My hair slipped from Robin's hands and became undone.

"It puffs out smoke all over and it looks cool and tastes good!" The other kids chorused.

"Yeah if I eat the candy... If I eat the candy, it always makes me feel happy!" The blonde kid explained between huffing to control the pain. "It might... it might make me feel better!"

"Are they fucking drugging them?" I demanded, turning to look towards Chopper. Going from the look of rage on Sanji's face, I could tell I must have been correct.

However, instead of answer me right away, he marched over to the chained up centaur instead. "You said your name was Brown Beard! What do you know about this?! These children aren't sick!"

"What do you mean? I'm on outdoor patrol duty. I don't know what happens in the lab. All I know is that they're terribly sick!" He answered. "Out merciful masters take them in from other islands and treats them with their medical powers! They're a scientist of love!"