Chapter 55: *Filler* Before Silent Red

I don't own One Piece

So this is a chapter taken from another work I'm thinking of publishing. That one would be about Katsu's parents, this particular chapter about Sayomi. So here's a little sneak peak.

......................................

Sayomi's POV
Age: 6
......................................

I bit my lip to silence the giggle that threatened to erupt from my lips. Peaking around the cart, I stared at the shop keeper. They had just finished straightening the plums when a customer came by.

Now was my chance.

Tucking my hair into the hoot of my tattered brown cloak. I walked silently towards the fruit stand. Being small helped me be less noticeable, and with my red hair out of the way I was nearly invisible.

Walking around another body, I paused only briefly to look at the plums. They were the cheapest fruits here, so they wouldn't be missed much.

I glanced over, towards the other set of red hair. With a grin beginning to pull at my lips, I readied my hands.

Clank!

Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!

A whole stand of oranges fell to the floor, curtsy of my twin.

"Oh-Oh! I'm so sorry!"

"No! My oranges!"

When the shopkeeper turned his back to me, i pulled out a stitched up bag and threw as many plums as I could into the bag. Glancing back up I made sure he wasn't paying attention before turning and walking away with a little bit of a pep in my step.

"Let me help you pick those up."

I rolled my eyes. He knew it was safe to withdraw. Damn suck up.

As I passed by another stand, I eyed a loaf of bread. My mouth watered and I was tempted to snatch that as well. The last time we had freshly baked bread was when our dad was still alive. However, I shook my head and carried on. We had the plums, we don't have to have the bread.

Best not to be greedy.

..............................................

"Shanks!" I yelled, dumping the plums on the ground. "I got the plums!"

A red haired boy, only an inch taller than me, sat down on the ground with a smile. "Perfect! This will last us two days!"

I frowned, feeling a few drips from out little make shift roof. The leaves helped, but it didn't always stop the leaking. We would have to add a few more leaves later.

"Sayomi, you don't feel guilty, do you?" Shanks whispered, looking up at me, a frown on his face.

Plopping down beside him, I shook my head, the hood finally falling off. "Nah, we only steal from the rich side of town, and this stuff is the cheap stuff." I picked up a plum and looked at it. "Besides, it's not like we're stealing gold. This is food, we'd die without it so I'll justify it." I shrugged then bit into the fruit.

He nodded silently, then grinned. "At least you're sneaky enough to steal!"

I puffed out my chest and grinned back at my twin. "Thank you, now lets eat! Tomorrow I'm gonna try to grab some meat!" I paused, tapping my finger to my chin. "Or maybe a knife. That one will be harder to get a hold of though."

Since our Dad died Shanks and I have been taking care of each other. Our mother was never in the picture, but we weren't bothered by that. Our dad was enough for us, while he was around. He died almost a year ago, though Shanks and I didn't break down.

So long as we have each other it'll be okay.

..............................................

"You damn brat!" I fell to the ground as a slap landed on my cheek. The meat I had been holding fell out of my grip. "You think you can steal from me?!"

Well clearly I was wrong.

Quickly, I staggered to my feet and began running. Using my small stature to my advantage, I ducked under people's legs hoping to lose the shop keeper.

"Get back here you rat!"

My cheek throbbed angrily, reminding me to run faster. Last time I saw someone caught they cut off his hand for stealing. My breathing came out in short puffs as I pushed myself to run faster.

I happened to like my hands attached to my body.

Shanks couldn't be my distraction today. He had met some boy who offered to teach him how to use a sword. I don't know who the boy was, but Shanks has already taken a liking to him.

I've made plans to mess with him later. It was starting to get old messing with Shanks.

Sliding around the corner, I hid myself in an ally. Covering my mouth with my hand, I tried to silence myself. I stood there watching people walk by, then finally the shop keeper ran past.

"Get back here!"

My lips twitched upward, but I silenced my laughter. Instead of joining the crowd once more, I continued to walk down the ally. This was the only ally that leads back towards the forest.

I knew this because of the 'X' marked on the ground. Courtesy of Shanks, to help make sure I didn't get lost. I wasn't terrible with directions, but I was known to get lost every now and then.

Only a little, and only when I got distracted.

Sighing, I pulled my hood off and softly touched m hand to my cheek. Hissing, I pulled my hand away and frowned.

My face was definitely bruised, and Shanks won't be happy. He's the worse with scolding me. Which is already bad enough, but I'm already mad about my defeat. That damn guy bruised my beautiful face!

"A bruised face and empty handed." I groaned, "Today was a total defeat."

Softly I walked back towards the shelter Shanks and I had built. To better distract from the pain, I placed all my focus on making every step silent.

My tongue poked out past my lips as I rolled the balls of my feet with each landing. My steps were quiet, but they would still be loud enough to alert someone in silence.

I needed to be silent, not quiet. I'll just have to work on that.

............................................

End of Chapter 55!

So I know this is a filler, but I need a little bit to catch up on writing. So there will be one more filler chapter. I figured by this one I can get some of you guys opinions. I likely won't post this story until after I introduce Taro's family, since that would be a big spoiler...

Anyway the next chapter is a filler like I said earlier. I wanted to ask though if you guys would want to read either a filler about Katsu and a day with the Straw Hats, focusing on one crew member, or a filler with Katsu while she was a kid with Mamoru. It's up to you guys.

This is not edited.