Chapter 2: Who Called the Marines?!

I don't own One Piece.
3rd Person POV
.........................................................

The black haired teen wearing the Straw Hat stared, with a mouthful of meat, at the girl who had just ran out of the bar. He chewed the meat then swallowed before looking towards his first mate.

"Zoro, who was she?" Luffy asked, taking another bite off of his meat.

After taking a big swig of sake, Zoro answered. "Ah, just some girl who we helped. It seems like she helps keep this town safe or something." Zoro said.

Luffy almost looked thoughtful for a moment, if that was possible. "Can she fight?"

At this, Zoro smirked, "She's not bad with a sword, hell I might have to challenge her."

Nodding to himself, he thought back to his little talk with Mamoru. After the recovery of finding out he was the Pirate King's navigator, he had ended up bragging about the girl. With his mouth still full, he came to a decision and announced it. "I've decided, she's going to join our crew."

Both men from Luffy's crew blinked. "You can't just decide that!" They both shouted, though they should be used to this by now. It was the reason they had ended up joining as well.

Ignoring them he stood up and asked, "Where'd she go?"

This time, Sanji replied while looking at the bleeding old man. "I think she went to look for a doctor, her friend there was shot."

Luffy looked at the old man, just realizing he was bleeding and almost dead. He quickly ripped off another piece of meat with his teeth. Seeing as how Sanji didn't really answer him, he looked at his first mate. "Ne, Zoro, which way did she go?"

Zorro pointed to the right, "That way."

Sanji's eye twitched, "It was the other way, idiot."

Luffy nodded, "Yosh, this way then!" He started running in the opposite direction Zoro had pointed to.

"Luffy, where are you going?" Zorro shouted, watching his captain leave through the doors.

"I'm gonna help her find someone!" Luffy shouted, his loud voice projecting through the crowd he had just entered.

...................................................

Two pirates from the straw hats crew stopped at the dock. Shopping bags filled their hands, which they had planned to drop off at the ship. However their attention was brought onto the approaching ships.

The shorter of the two with bright orange hair gasped. "No way.... Did they really manage to follow us here?!"

Beside her the raven haired woman narrowed her eyes. "That's no good. There were still things I wanted to see."

The orange haired female, also known as Cat Burglar Nami, looked at her log pose. "Our log pose isn't even set yet! Hopefully the residents here wont be too angry, since this island is supposed to remain marine free." She looked over at her companion, "What do you think, Robin?"

"We should inform someone. I believe I had overheard a man talking about someone named Mamoru. Apparently he normally deals with these types of issues." Robin informed Nami, who nodded. "They also mentioned another person working with him, though I can't remember her name."

"We should hurry then." Nami turned around and began to run, quickly followed by Robin.

While running they ended up running to a frantic crimson-haired girl. Nami and the crimson-haired female fell to the ground. Robin helped Nami stand, while a pair of arms grew from the ground and helped the red haired girl stand.