Chapter 85: Mixed Crew

I do not own One Piece

....................................................

I met Law before I met the Straw Hats. He had landed a few days after Kid, but unlike Kid, Law didn't cause issues on the island. If anything he did the opposite when he had gotten me out of trouble when Kid had tried to kill me for messing with him.

The fact alone that I ended up befriending the cynical doctor was strange in itself and incredibly surprising to everyone that knew me. Of course with his first mate, Bepo, I had began to hand out with his crew as they were all quite welcoming. Law wasn't as much. However, Mamoru didn't seem to mistrust Law, so I kept my attitude at a minimum then, which took incredible self control.

Then when Law had stopped Kid from bashing my head in, I found it easier to like him. Of course it had annoyed me that he was indifferent at that time, though he didn't act annoyed with me. Perhaps the pushing point that finally pushed us to actually be friends was when he ended up saving Yumi and I stabbed someone for Bepo.

The damn doctor tried to claim we were even, but I didn't accept that stupid excuse of his. Instead I started pushing to be friends with him, and after two days he accepted it without any issues. Much like some other pirates, when he left we still stayed in contact for the most part. Occasionally writing a letter to the other.

Law got bumped up to best friend in my category when he not only helped me at Sabaody, but then he went and helped my Captain. Though he's pushed off Luffy's praise and thankfulness claiming it to be nothing, I know Law enough to know there is something else there.

"Law!" I cheered, launching myself away from Luffy and towards the other Captain with my arms outstretched. The doctor grunted softly as I landed on him, wrapping my arms around him. I looked up at him, just able to make out him looking at me with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk. "Arisu wasn't happy when you just left out without any warning."

He rolled his eyes before narrowing his eyes on me. "Why aren't you wearing shoes right now? I know your issue, but I believe this should be a special situation considering your toes are already looking like the first stages of frostbite." His eyes flickered down towards my feet before looking back up at me.

My toes curled at the mention of them, at least I think I curled them. My feet had well gone numb a while ago, so I'm not sure if it's the cold or just me. I can never tell since my body is so messed up in general.

Law leaned his head down a little, bringing his mouth to my ear. "Also, you really shouldn't be on this island. The navy has too much going on here."

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "Says the person on the same island."

"Katsu! Get back over here!" Luffy shouted after having greeted some of the lying down navy.

Rather than give me the option to listen, Luffy had already wrapped an arm around my waist and was dragging me back towards him. My cheeks puffed out in a pout as I waved one hand towards Law, who looked close to snickering.

"I told you you have to stay on my back, Katsu!" Luffy frowned scolding me.

Who would have thought the idiot could have the potential to scold? While I believe in my Captain, that was not one of the things I thought possible.

"How dare you!!"

I glanced behind me, avoiding Luffy's narrowed eyes as he held me out at his normal arms length up in the air. I managed to see some lady waving a sword running at Law before Luffy's head stretched around to continue giving me the stare.

I winced trying to avoid eye contact from my Captain. "You know... I feel bad for your future kids. You've got the look down perfectly." I sighed hanging my head. "I'm sorry Captain."