Chapter 79: Filler: Day's with Mamoru (Part 2)

I do not own One Piece

Once again, this did happen in the story line but since it's not super important to the plot I add it in as a filler. Enjoy!

..............................................

3rd POV
Katsu: Age 9

..............................................

 It has been three months since Mamoru's life has been disturbed by a tiny red head. His life has been filled with so many red heads, all of which are troublesome, that he's started to wonder if perhaps he was cursed. Those thoughts typically come around when Katsu goes missing for a good hour and he's left to try not to panic.

Her disappearing act started about two weeks ago. The first time nearly sent the man into cardiac arrest, then again when Yume nearly tried to take his had for losing the child. That time her excuse was that she saw something with "Pretty Colors". Her obsession with colors started fairly recently, about the past month, as Yume has taken it upon herself to teach the child everything she can, as Katsu has forgotten a lot.

Either that or, Mamoru joked, she was just stupid. From the inquisitive look the girl gave to everything, he knew it to be the opposite.

Yume was already set to watch over the bar as Mamoru set out to look for the child. He figured with her red hair it shouldn't be fairly hard to find her. If she happened to get worked up and the wind go crazy again even better for him.

Mamoru's scowl deepened the farther he looked. It had appeared she was no where in sight. That troubled him more, normally she would wonder off but never too far. He had taken note of her terrible sense of direction quite early, it wasn't something she could hide when she literally didn't know her left and right or when she gets lost going to the kitchen.

Had she gotten even more turned around this time?

"Oi, Mamoru!" The man grunted and turned around to address the voice. A sigh escaped him when he saw one of the shop keeps of an art shop rushing over to him with a pouting red head at his side. "You lose something?"

"Thanks," Mamoru mumbled as he nodded for the shop keep to head out.

Immediately, Mamoru crossed his arms and sent a one eyed glare to the pouting girl, who looked as if she was trying to pout harder by puffing out her cheeks more. He sent a soft knock to her head, just enough to make her complain but not enough to actually hurt her head.

"You damn brat!" He scolded, "You had Yume worried. Why the hell do you keep wondering off?" She didn't answer, instead looking away. "Eh? Do you know what kind of people come here?"

This time she nodded and sent out an answer, "Pirates."

"Uh huh, and what kind?" He urged.

"People like Taro." She answered without missing a beat.

This time Mamoru shook his head. "Here's the reality, brat. Pirates come in all different shapes, sizes, and personalities. Some are like Taro, others are annoying, and others are big shit heads who will kidnap a kid that they think can catch a pretty coin."

She paused, her body seeming to freeze at the thought and her head snapped up. "Like the marines?"

That was another unsettling thought Mamoru had. He hated that he even had to tell the child about how they found her, but it was her life and her body that was messed with. If anyone had a right to know, she did. He had tried to explain that not all marines are bad, but it seems for now her thoughts are going to be centered on marines are the bad guys.