Chapter 87: I am Okay

I do not own One piece

....................................................

3rd POV
.....................................................

 The crew has experienced Katsu remembering a memory before, and for the most part even those few times concerned them as it typically left the red head staring off into space. Though the last time it completely knocked her out, which had been at the absolute worst time possible, and as such even now wasn't the best time for their artist to receive another memory.

However, the start of this one was different. They didn't see her rub her head and squint her eyes as if suddenly recalling something. They didn't see her slowly fade out and begin to stare into space.

This time was far different.

What the child had said had triggered something.

The memory that had been triggered, Chopper was quick to explain, must have been traumatic. Given that instead of the typical zone out was replaced by a panic attack.

Chopper was quick to jump into action, as well as Zoro and Luffy who had been closest to the red head. Though Zoro went to push Sanji away, he had managed to stop when he remembered it was actually Chopper inside of Sanji's body.

The rest of the crew stood off watching as the three closest to Katsu tried to calm her, though she wasn't responding to them. The inside of the cave was becoming windy as a few cries from Katsu echoed. Chopper trying to sedate the female as the wind grew stronger.

Luffy and Zoro moved quickly to stop her arm from moving as it went to claw at her tattooed arm as she cried out as if she was in pain. Chopper was the first to realize what she must have been remembering as he watched her body movement and the cries escaping her. In this type of situation he would have wanted to place her in a quiet room without so many wondering eyes, to help and give her the privacy to hopefully help cope.

That wasn't the case  this time.

The whole crew was witnessing the artist, and it wouldn't take long for them to piece together what kind of memory she was having.

"When the hell did she get so strong?!" Zoro grunted as he held her arm down.

"Katsu!" Luffy shouted, "Snap out out of it! Wake up!"

Chopper turned to see the children looking at the scene with worry and fear and quickly looked towards Robin. One look from him was enough to make the woman sprout multiple arms and gain the children's attention, Usopp picking up on the hint as well and starting to ramble on about different stories.

"Chopper! Sedate her." Zoro ordered, glaring up at the doctor as the wind around them grew sharp and was beginning to leave small cuts.

Before he could respond, the wind suddenly stopped and the female let out a strangled gasp. Her eyes blinked and she tried to look around, her breathing uneven as if she couldn't catch it. A strong tremor overtook her whole body and her eyes looked watery as she began to shake her head.

"Let her go!" Chopper ordered, both Zoro and Luffy putting their hands in the air in a surrender motion. "Katsu..."

"No... No...." She muttered, gasping again as she sat up and tried to move away from the three figures. Mind still hazy while simultaneously struggling to remember where she was. "Please stop... No."

"Oi! Katsu!" Luffy sat in front of her, squinting at her. "You're okay, stop that."

She looked up, her eyes landing on the straw hat for a moment. "Shanks... you came."