Chapter 10: Let the Fight Begin

I don't own One Piece

.............................................

I studied the man, trying to remember which member he was. He stood close to Zoro's height, perhaps an inch shorter. His black shorts were frayed at the ends. The shoes he wore were quite dirty and worn down, I'm sure I even saw a spot of dried blood. To keep his long light blue hair out of his face, he tied a black bandana on the top of his head. A simple shirt hung loose over his shoulders, he hadn't bothered to button it. Though, I imagine it would be hard to do that with one arm.

Attached to his waist was a sturdy sword. I didn't have to look at Zoro to know he was taking this fight. The pirate stared at me as intensely as I had been staring at him.

"Aren't you that girl Daichi obsessed over on that pirate island?" He asked, his voice a slight pitch higher than most men.

I sighed, remembering the black haired pirate without a problem. Mamoru hadn't been very happy with the silent pirates, but he saved a special ass kicking for Daichi. Now that I thought harder about it, I believe I remember this pirate as well. He wasn't much of a trouble maker, if anything he mainly only followed his captains orders.

"I guess you could say that." I answered.

Zoro stepped forward. "I'll take care of this guy."

I grinned, placing my hands on my hips. "Of course, swordsman versus swordsman." I lowered my voice as if announcing their fight. "Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro versus Ryota." My grin widened when Ryota looked disappointed.

"Why does he get a cool intro?!" Ryota shouted, "I've known you longer!"

I poked my tongue out. "Zoro is cooler than you, and I like him better than you! Besides, he'll win. I don't side with losers."

Luffy laughed, running  around Ryota. "Yosh! Robin, Katsu! Let's go!"

I gave a mockery salute to Ryota as a goodbye before running after Luffy. "Sure thing Captain!" Just before we ran out of the room, I paused to look at Zoro. "Ah! Zoro! Just a word of advise, Ryota acts like Sanji, but with men!" With a grin and a quick wave, I ran after Robin and Luffy.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Zoro's question was left unanswered.

Robin giggled, glancing at me. "So Ryota?"

I nodded, "Swings for the other team, passionately."

"I don't get it." Luffy looked at me, his eyes narrowed in concentration. "What teams are there?"

With a amused smile and a shake of my head I answered. "Nothing to worry about, Luffy."

He whined out a complaint, which I simple ignored. I've dealt with whiny drunk pirates, his insistence for me to answer was nothing. At least, it didn't compare to his insistence for me to join his crew.

"You idiot! Let go of me!" Nami's voice echoed.

"Nami!" Luffy and I shouted.

Our feet pounded harder on the ground. We pushed ourselves faster, hoping to see our ship's navigator. However, we quickly came to a screeching halt.

"You're definitely not Nami." I muttered, looking at the man in front of us.

I knew this man to be the captain. His brown hair was just as unkempt as before. His blood red eyes were just as mad a before. The scar on his mouth was new, courtesy of Mamoru.

"I thought we had some visitors. Though, I didn't expect you to get past Ryota so quickly." He muttered, staring at Luffy. His voice was much deeper and raspy, no doubt caused from all the cigarettes he smokes.