Christmas Special

I don't own One Piece.

I'm so sorry for the super late update! It was supposed to be updated on Christmas, but I had so much last minute stuff to do for my trip I didn't get to finish it. So instead I'm updating this after I get back from my trip! On a second note, I absolutely love Berlin!

You guys know the drill, specials do not effect the story line.

This year I'll leave you guys with the first big family Christmas moments in Mitsu's life. Perhaps next year, if you guys want, I'll add in her second big family Christmas, and so on.

With that said, let's visit Christmas past.

......................................
The First Family Christmas

Mitsu/Katsu Age: 6 Months Old
.....................................

The house in the woods was well hidden from sight. It was built by a small pirate crew wanting to ensure the safety of those inside. However, even if it wasn't in sight, they had not soundproofed the home. Which left the stressed out mother to worry that even the village would hear the wailing of the two babies.

"Shhh, babys, it's okay." Sayomi hummed, rocking both red haired babies on her hips as she paced back and forth. Dark circles had formed under her eyes the past few months since she had the twins. Both have become quite the handful. "It's okay."

Sayomi wondered if she was trying to convince herself that. Christmas was two weeks away and yet neither child had a single toy under the undecorated tree in the living room. Their first Christmas and they wouldn't have anything.

"Come on, Sato." She cooed, noticing Mitsu had finally called asleep on her right side. "Look, your sissy is sleeping too. It's okay. Ka-san is here. You're safe."

Even so the boy continued to cry, though it had refused to smaller whimpers. Carefully, Sayomi walked towards the second bedroom which contained the cribs her brother had built. With some practiced skill, the woman placed Mitsu into the first crib and tucked her in.

However when she turned to continue to rock Sato, the baby started to cry louder and reached out for his sleeping sister. The woman's eyes widened as she quickly turned back towards Mitsu to allow Sato full sight of his sister. "Its okay, Sato. Mitsu's sleeping, we need to be quiet." She whispered softly, slowly rocking the baby.

Sato didn't appear to care what his mother was saying. His attention was fully on Mitsu, who he was still trying to grab. The tired mother sighed, looking back and forth before softly lying Sato in beside his sister.

His crying almost immediately stopped, and all that was left was a few sniffles as he stared at Mitsu, who remained undisturbed by the twin.

Sayomi sighed tiredly, shaking her head. "All that so you could sleep by Mitsu. You woke all of us up for that." Not wanting to bother much more, she softly placed a light blanket over the twins and left the room quietly.

As soon as the door was closed Sayomi looked up to stare at the empty Christmas tree. It had been a tree which she had chopped down herself. However she didn't have any money for any Christmas decorations, nor did she have any money for any Christmas presents. The sight made her want to cry.

However, a soft ringing drew her attention to her room. Only one person called her.

Wiping her tears, Sayomi walked in her room and answered the snail. "Hey, Shanks." She muttered

"Sayomi!" The snail grinned, cheers echoing in the background. "How's my little sister doing? And my wonderful niece and nephew?"

"We're the same age." Sayomi sighed, "Sato refuses to sleep in his own crib now. But it's okay here."