Chapter 6- My Journey Begins

I don't own One Piece

Katsu's POV

......................

I had just finished helping the crew load everything, including my own belongings. M belongings didn't take up much space, as it really was only my sketch books, a few weapons, and clothes. I managed to luck out as the girls room had another bed, apparently waiting for another crew member. We were scheduled to be leaving any minute. My sketch book was still in my hand, hardly ever leaving my sight.

My toes curled around the lush grass on the deck of the ship. I had been on a couple other pirate ships, such as Taro's and a Whitebeard pirate's ship. This ship was much different from those other ships. Not only did it had grass on the deck, a feature I quite enjoyed, but it even had a tree completed with a swing. It was far from intimidating, which I had thought to be the main feature of pirate ships.

If anything, it looked rather childish to me. From the childish swing, to even the lion on the mast. Perhaps it was meant to look fierce, but to me it just looked cuddly. However, from my time with the crew I felt as though the ship really matched them. Especially Luffy.

"Set sail!" Luffy shouted, a grin on his face. "I'm ready for our next adventure!"

The sails went down, showing the strawhat symbol as the wind picked up. We started moving away from the docks, slowly. My back was turned towards the island, my heart starting to pump faster as I realized I was about to leave the place I had called home. Gold's island, my security blanket from whatever memories were hidden from me.

I didn't want to look back. The anger from Mamoru and Yumi still lingered, and my stubborn side didn't want to turn around hoping to see them. However, every inch the ship made towards the great oceans, I felt myself wanting to run back onto the docks and fling myself back into the loud town filled with pirates.

"Katsu!"

"Oi, kid!"

My eyes widened as I looked up, my body stiffening. Without any control of my body I found myself turning around towards the loud shouts. My hands grasped the rails of the Sunny, my mouth opening in shock. Standing at the docks was Mamoru and Yumi, behind them the whole town. All were waving widely while shouting their goodbyes and safe wishes.

"Be careful, kid!" Mamoru shouted, a rare grin on his face.

"Katsu-chan, make a great name for yourself! We'll be waiting for it!" Yumi cupped her hands around her mouth to help carry her voice.

"Mamoru... Yumi..." I muttered, my eyes starting to burn. Now it made sense.

"Y-You idiot!" I shouted, covering my eyes with my arm as tears fell from my eyes.

"Bye!" Mamoru shouted, his laughter filling my ears.

Wiping my eyes, I jumped up on the railing of the ship. With a big smile and more tears falling I waved my arms. "Bye Mamoru, Yumi, Jiro! Bye everyone! Thank you!"

The tears kept falling from my eyes, a big grin on my face as I continued to wave at the town. I didn't care what my crew would think of me crying. This has been my home, and now I was leaving it for a crew I met a week ago. However, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now I am officially a pirate, a Strawhat pirate. The government better be prepared for me.

...................................................

It has been hours since I left home. I still stood by the edge of the ship, even as the island had disappeared a few moments ago. The panic I had felt when we started leaving had disappeared soon after Mamoru and Yumi said their good byes. Perhaps it was really just me wanting to say bye to them.