Chapter 8- The Island Without Sound

I don't own One Piece

....................................................

Waking up to the shouting of an upcoming island wasn't my highlight. Rather, it was actually seeing the colorful inhabited island. There didn't seem to be ships docked, but we were still a good ways away.

I had quickly seated myself on the railing of the ship with my sketchbook. As the ships artist, I wanted to make sure to capture every detail of my first island with them. I had plans to fill another sketchbook with drawing of their past islands, based on the details they told me about them.

Luffy was already at his captains seat, which was the Sunny's lion head. I already had a picture of him seated there, or at least a back profile of him. It was his everyday thing, just as Zoro's napping, Sanji's cooking, Franky's building, Nami's mapping, Chopper's doctoring, Usopp's lying, and Robin's reading. I had managed at least one picture of each crew member doing their daily routine. In between those, I filled my sketchbook with out non-daily routines.

Such as the occasional snow days. Or the marine fights, which happened a lot more than I liked. Even a few pictures of when disaster strikes and we're (meaning the sane people in the crew) all scampering to get away from the situation. Typically in those pictures it's always the strong trio, Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, that stand and fight it. Robin and Franky typically stand by and watch with grins on their faces. And the cowardly trio, Usopp, Nami, and Chopper, are seen running.

It had only been two weeks, but my sketchbook was already half filled. All of a different daily adventure on our ship. I can't wait to see what this island brings, surely it will fill my book with many more delightful pictures.

Feeling someone standing beside me, I looked up. It appeared that the person behind me was Franky, and he was busy looking down at my current sketch.

"That's super good, Katsu!" He grinned, his shades resting on his gravity defying hair.

A small smile formed, "Thanks, Franky."

"Can I look through your sketches?" He asked, his grin still present.

I paused. I wasn't one to just hand over my sketchbook to show my pictures. However, I was the artist so if anything he should be able to see what I've been drawing. Especially since he is included in the pictures. "I guess so.." Slowly, I handed over my sketchbook.

"Oh! I wanna see too!" Chopper called, seeing me hand over my book. Hearing the doctor, Franky held the book a little lower and flipped to the front.

"Is that Katsu's sketches?" Nami asked, walking down the stairs towards us.

Franky nodded, "Yeah, come look at it with us!"

My face was slowly turning red as soon the entire crew was standing around my sketchbook. They looked at my first sketch, which was the day they docked and I drew them standing around the Sunny. To the dinner nights we had, fending off Luffy from our food. To their daily activities. The marines fights, which mainly consisted of the final blows. All the way to the last picture of the island we were at, which was still incomplete.

"Those are really great!" Chopper beamed.

"You've really captured us quite well." Robin complimented.

"Eh, why aren't you in here, Katsu?" Luffy asked, looking through the pictures again.

I blinked, "Huh?"

"Actually, now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing you anywhere in there." Usopp muttered.

"Oh. Well, it's just a little weird to draw myself Besides, I can't look in the mirror to draw me anyway." I rubbed the back of my head. "Besides, it's better and more interesting to draw you guys."