~Father's Day Special~

I don't own One Piece
..............................
    3rd POV
...............................

On rare occasions did the Emerald Pirates meet up with the Red Haired Pirates. Typically because the two Captains weren't the best of friends, though Shanks tried to push the boundaries towards enemies at times. However, there is two, technically three, things that keeps them civil.

Sato and Makoto. Perhaps someday even Mitsu, though that's for the future to tell.

Typically Makoto helps Sato travel over to the Emerald Pirates on Fathers Day. Today, however, he wouldn't have time to do so as he had other things he had to attend to later. Which lead to the Emerald Pirates coming to Sato.

Taro had missed much of Sato's childhood and he didn't want to miss anymore if he could help it. His crew wholeheartedly agreed with the Captain's wishes. Even Shanks, who disliked Taro, didn't object.

When they arrived Sato was quick to go towards Taro. He had a small wrapped present, which was actually from him and Mitsu. She had insisted that she at least get something for her father, though she didn't know who he was. It made the guilt squeeze on Sato, but he knew it was for the best for the moment.

Eventually Mitsu will be able to join.

While Sato greeted his father, Makoto stood by Shanks. This holiday was always awkward for him. However, Shanks never made it weird for the blue haired boy as he was growing up.

Softly Makoto pulled out a bottle which had a bow tied around it and placed it on the table in front of Shanks. A shade of pink covered his cheeks and he looked away.

Shanks grinned at the sight of the bottle. Makoto has been getting him gifts for years now. The first time it happened Shanks had teared up a little, but he didn't want to make the child feel even more embarrassed so he was quiet then and thanked Makoto for the gift.

Things have changed since then.

"Makoto!" Shanks grinned, pulling the blue haired teen into a one armed hug where the boy felt like he was being strangled with love. "Thank you! Where'd you find this? This is expensive stuff here."

Makoto's mouth turned up into a shy smile. "I didn't steal it, if that's what you're implying. I just have good connections." He shrugged.

Shanks grinned wider. "You definitly broke into an admiral's office for this stuff. I know good rum when I see it."

The crew smiled at the interaction between the two. Shanks no longer held back when Makoto gave him little gifts. Makoto also appeared less shy about it.

Meanwhile Taro had opened his gift presented to him by Sato. It was simply a decorative fan, which was jeweled with rubies. Taro's eyes widened at the sight before looking up at Sato.

"This-?"

Sato nodded, "Yeah, it was Ka-san's. I found it in the rubble of our home last time I was there. I remember her telling us stories about how she used to use it when you first met. Mainly to wack you." He snickered and Yaro smiled fondly.

"Mitsu actually helped come up with the design for it to be redone. It was in bad shape, so I was going to have to redo it anyway. Plus, she helped me find a place that would redo it." Sato stated, "So think of it as from both Mitsu and I."

Taro froze, his eyes widening before looking down at the fan. His fingers softly brushed over the rubies which were placed into a design. Then he opened it and froze once again. Inside the fan was a painted portrait of Sayomi.

"Thank you." He whispered, pressing his lips together tightly so that they wouldn't tremble.

Sato smiled, "Ah, I think it's beautiful too."