Chapter 19: Michi Vs Katsu

I don't own One Piece.

3RD POV
..........................................

A loud groan escaped the lone man. His bangs were pulled out of his face, forming a small ponytail at the back of his navy blue hair. One hand rested on his hip, where his pistol sat ready for use. His long black cloak was ripped at the bottom, and a patch of crimson stained his white shirt.

"Sato will never let me live this down if he hears I fell for a stupid trick." The man grumbled to himself, "Then again, it's messed up to trick people with food."

With another low rumble, the man looked towards the castle. His eyes lingered on the giant zombie causing chaos. He had yet to see the pirate crew themselves, but he did manage to hear their name. The Straw Hat pirates have caused a bit of trouble since they were unfortunate enough to land here.

Though it wasn't the pirate crew that had caught his attention, though he certainly knew of them. His Uncle talked more about them than he wanted to hear. However, one of the crew members had caught his attention. He assumed she is a new member, as she doesn't yet have a bounty. While he had yet to physical see her, he had heard from others. She was a crimson haired female marked government property. It was a possibility that she was Mitsu.

He hoped she was Mitsu at least.

The shaking of a branch made him stop. A stitched up food dangled off the branch, making him aware of the zombie. Aiming his gun, he shot at the foot, resulting in the zombie falling to the ground. Papers of sketches scattered around to the floor as well as a dagger.

"Hey!" The zombie protested in a squeaky voice. "Shooting people in the foot isn't polite!"

The blue haired man glared at the zombie, he already knew she was a new zombie. She still had her own personality, so much so that she had run away to draw instead of listening to orders. He had a feeling the zombie in front of him is likely a Straw Hat shadow. If Mitsu is indeed on that crew, it would be in his best interest to help them out.

Having been shadowless himself for three weeks now, he's learned a few things. The most important being salt. He just needed the zombie to eat a bit of salt, then the shadow would return.

With a smirk forming onto his face, he pulled his pistol out and cocked it. "My apologies, say I have a snack you might like."

..........................................

"Oi! Stop dodging!" Michi growled, his pistol lowering as he glared at the red haired girl.

She smirked, running towards the tiger zombie. When he moved to counter the arm aimed at her, she dropped to her knees skidding under his legs. She twisted her body as she skidded under him, her pistol aimed at him. Quickly, Katsu took a shot at his back. When he stumbled forward, she jumped up and lunged once more. Switching her pistol for her dagger, she swiped his back.

The force of the cut resulted in a grunt from the zombie. Though, much to Katsu's disappointment, it didn't faze him for long. Just as soon as she had straightened herself, Michi had turned around sharply and landed a kick to her side.

Katsu's body skidded back, her feet burning as she stopped herself from moving farther back. Not waiting to let him attack once more, Katsu twisted her body and sent her leg out. Seeing Michi coming closer, she delivered a kick to the zombie's stomach.

Surprise etched the tiger's face as he was sent back several feet from her kick. While it wasn't the non existent pain that slowed him, it was the sheer strength the Straw Hat had just shown.

Seeing the zombie pausing, Katsu quickly aimed and took a shot. Though as soon as she had pulled the trigger, so had the Zombie. Her bullet was blocked by his, making the red head groan as she stood back up.