Chapter 54: Under the Sea

I don't own One Piece

....................................................

It was amazing. Being surrounded by the ocean, where sunlight filtered down in ripples, and schools of fish swam around us. I haven't been able to go underwater in years because of my devil fruit. Even then, this was better than my memories of swimming as a kid.

Swimming was one of the things I remember loving. Diving into the sea and seeing how far I could go. Testing and challenging myself to stay underwater. Being able to be up close and personal to the fish.

Being down here actually made me realize how much I missed swimming. Though, I can't deny that this was equally as amazing. Here, in the bubble, I could stay down here for days and just draw everything.

"Yo ho ho! Take a look over there, everyone!" Brook caught my attention as he pointed tot he opposite side of the ship.

Turning around  couldn't stop the wide smile that lit up my face.

"Trees!!" Chopper exclaimed, "Wait! Those are roots!"

Indeed it was the roots to the trees that surrounded Sabaody Archipelago. The trees that appeared to reach the sky also appeared endless to the ocean floor. Somehow the trees managed to even dwarf the enormous fish and sea kings that swam around.

"Now that I think of it, the Sabaody Archipelago is really just a giant grove of mangroves." Sanji murmured, taking a drag of his cigarette. A subconscious part of me wrinkled my nose at the sight of the smoke, though I couldn't smell it like I used to.

"What a wonder of nature!" Brook admired, looking towards me. "You'll make sure to draw this, right Katsu-san?"

I nodded eagerly, becoming excited at just the thought. "Definitely! I wanna make sure I get all the details. Anyone that sees the picture will feel the wonder we're all feeling."

Zoro shrugged, not appearing as impressed as the rest of us. "I've already seen it."

I blinked, turning to look at him in confusion. However, Sanji quickly turned to yell at our first mate. "Yeah, on a ship you weren't supposed to be on! Now shut up! This is a sublime moment for the rest of us!"

Realization dawned on me and I nodded in understanding. "Ah, they put you on the wrong ship when you went fishing, didn't they?"

Zoro nodded, "I cut it in half when I woke up, I thought they kidnapped me when I fell asleep."

My attention was drawn to Luffy, who literally pulled me over to him. Steadying myself, I blinked at my grinning Captain. Unlike most of the crew, he didn't change physically. Other that the scar on his chest and a decent six pack, I didn't see anything different. If anything he looked more childish.

"Ne, Katsu! You gotta draw all the things I did during those two years!" Luffy grinned, practically hopping in place.

"How the fuck did you get more childish looking? Usopp, Sanji, and Zoro got hot!" I shouted, pointing at the other three then at Luffy, unaware of the passed out bleeding chef. "I thought you would have gotten hotter too, but come on!"

Luffy wasn't the least bit fazed by my rant, as he continued with is own. "Oh! And you gotta draw the island I was on. And the food! The food was great!"

I sighed, listening to him ramble for a moment before holding up my hand. "Ah, Luffy." He stopped to stare at me eagerly. "I don't work like that. Besides, you wouldn't be able to describe everything right." Seeing his blank look, I rolled my eyes. He didn't understand any of that. "Fine, describe Hancock."