Chapter 95: Lost Call

I do not own One Piece

..........................................
              3rd POV
..........................................

Sato had made his decision. Today was certainly not his day. Sailing alone always had its difficulties, especially on the grand line and double that when in the New World. However, he was used to sailing alone, or in a tag team with Makoto.

The two of them typically left Shanks or Taro to go do their own things. It was one of the reasons their bounties were so high, considering they typically can make it through the New World without any issues themselves.

Today, that was not the case.

Not only had Sato woken up to a giant sea king attacking and stealing his food supply, which he managed to replenish mostly by butchering said sea king, but then he had been attacked by some marines. Of course, he took them out and was going to carry on his solo journey to call out his lying brother, however a bigger threat had showed up.

The ship which was approaching him at a steady speed held quite the troublesome crew on it. There was absolutely zero hope of him being able to outrun the ship, just as he was sure there was zero hope of him actually beating said ship by himself.

His family had found him. Again.

"Shit." He growled, digging through his bag for his snail.

Sato had though the bad luck twin was Mitsu, but somehow her bad luck has rubbed onto him. He'd have to find a way later on to turn both of their bad luck into something good, as this was becoming tiring.

As a slight tremble started to settle in his body he almost fumbled the snail into the ocean. Gripping it tighter he quickly dialed and held the snail up as his eyes looked over the snail and towards the approaching ship. 

A woman was walking towards the front, her arms crossing as she glared down at him. Just like those years before, her dark violet, almost black, hair was cut short and she still looked as stern and angry as before.

"Hello-"

"Makoto!" Sato practically cried, feeling relieved that his brother had actually answered. "I need h-"

"Hang on, I gotta call you back."

"No!-" Sato's eyes widened as the snail went back to sleep as the call ended. As his heart began to hammer in his chest, he dialed the next number without much thought. It was instinctive, though he wondered if he would regret it later.

"Hello?" When a male voice answered, Sato frowned and glared at the snail.

"Oi, I'm calling for Mitsu, why do you have this?" He demanded.

"Oh, she's a little busy right now." There was a pause, "Who is this?"

"Her brother. Can you tell her I'm in some trouble and I can't reach Makoto. I'm gonna need some help, she just needs to tell him that the family got me.-"

"She has a brother?" The man drawled, and the snail grew a sickening smile that made Sato pause and  frown. "How old are you? What's your last name?"

"Listen- Why would I answer-"

"If you don't answer I won't relay the message to dear Mitsu."

Sato frowned, looking back up as the ship slowed down as it was nearly in front of him. His best chance now was if Mitsu told Makoto that the family had him, given their brother could teleport. Nobody else would be able to get him out faster than Makoto.

"Just turned 18. It's Sato Kiyomizu, but you need to keep the name out of your discussion with Mitsu." Sato answered, lowering the snail and steeling his eyes. "Tell her soon." Then, he ended the call.