Chapter 94: Waking Up

I do not own One Piece

Warning!! There are some dark themes which may trigger some, please proceed with caution.

.......................................................
       3RD POV
.......................................................

The feeling of being pulled out of ice cold water washed over Katsu. She felt as if she had been drowning and was finally raised above the water, the chill of the ice sunken deep into her bones. The images of the metal room flashed over everything before it was replaced by a brightly lit white room.

Katsu's body shivered as she tried to steady her breathing as her heart pounded loudly in her chest. Moving to sit up she stiffened when realization fell upon her and her head snapped towards her arm then to her feet. Metal bars were holding her down, which she assumed was lined with sea stone as she can't seem to be able to use her devil fruit.

Instantly her heart started pounding harder and she felt as if her breaths were coming out in wheezes. "No." She mumbled, shaking her head while attempting to pull herself up. "No. No."

"Oh, you've woken already, Katsu?"

Katsu's blood ran cold at the voice she had just remembered. The same man she had just relived. His voice hasn't changed, it was still deep, cold, and cruel. It still sent dread and chills down her spine.

It still made her feel helpless.

"Or was it Mitsu?" Katsu's bottom lip quivered as she shook her head as footsteps stepped closer. "Though, I remember you as subject 0791." His face stood over the red head finally, a white mask covering the bottom half of his face though Katsu could make out the same charcoal eyes behind his round glasses.

"I suppose you remember everything," He hummed, his hand moving to rest on her forehead as his thumb rubbed along her hairline. "Such a shame the poison got to you again, but I can always fix it again."

"No..." Katsu shook her head, slowly finding the energy to fight leave as her eyes began to burn and warm tears escaped them. Her throat felt thick and her chest tightened.

He pulled up the sleeve to her shirt, looking at the tattoo that covered over the bran that had been burned onto her. He tsked, "Oh no, subject 0791, you covered up your property mark. I suppose you didn't remember my orders to never mess it up, though you still should have known better." He let out a sigh, "I guess I'll just have to redo that too."

Katsu felt her stomach begin to knot up and she felt nausea wash over her. Her mind was foggy, and this man in front of her wasn't helping. What had happened?

A chocked sob escaped her as realization began to wash over her fogged up mind.

Shanks never saved her.

Luffy didn't protect her like he said he would.

It was going to happen all over again.

"No, please." She shook her head. "Please. I don't want that."

No longer did she feel like the student of Arisu, who had been trained to be a strong independent woman who could beat anyone. Instead she felt as if she had reverted to her child self. Helpless. Terrified.

A cruel smile formed onto the doctor's face as he looked down at the tears of the pirate that begged. He patted her head as she kept shaking her head repeating the same words. However, his hand slid down to her cheek, holding her still.

The finger which had been turned into solid emerald dug into her cheek, successfully cutting into her skin. "Too bad I can't turn you into an emerald as well. As payback to that filthy pirate."