Chapter 1- Pirate Complications

I don't own One Piece

Katsu's POV
..........................

I sat on the grassy cliff. A sketchbook sat beside me, my pencil beside it. The wind blew around me, sending my red hair flying around me in ribbons.

Stretching, I let my body lay back on the grass. My eyes closed in relaxation. Today was a busy day, with a new group of pirates arriving at the dock. Mamoru was probably pissed I wasn't at the bar, but he should be used to it by now.

"Meat! Meat! Meat!" I heard a rather loud pirate chant. It brought a small smile to my face, that reminded me of Kimiko.

"Luffy! Wait!" A woman yelled out in anger and annoyance. That must have been one of his crew members.

I enjoyed the breeze that flew by. Days like this were perfect for me to just sit here and sketch. A throat cleared, making me snap open my eyes.

Looking up I saw the black hair and eyepatch. I grinned sheepishly at Mamoru. He gave me one of his famous one eye glare. I'm just lucky one eye was covered with an eyepatch, otherwise I bet that glare would be even more terrifying.

"Ah, hello." I smiled.

His arms were crossed over his chest. "Katsu, I really need your help at the bar. I had to have Yumi watch it to get you. We both know how dangerous it is to leave her in charge of the bar.-"

"Sorry!" I interrupted, quickly standing up while gathering my sketch book and pencil. "I had to sketch something though!"

Turning away from him, I glanced back and grinned poking out my tongue. "Meet you at the bar, old man!" I jumped down the cliff, where I landed lightly in my feet.

Pirates jumped back, my landing apparently scaring them. As soon as my feet met the ground, I took off running towards the bar. I didn't notice the pirate crew that I ran past, nor did I see that straw hat.

"Katsu!" Mamoru yelled in annoyance, prompting a loud laugh from me.

.............................

The chatter of the drunken pirates filled my ears. Grabbing four drinks with each arm I ran by tables serving them.

"Meat!" A pirate shouted, sitting at the bar.

I smiled and turned to look at him. However, my body froze as I looked at him.

A sharp pain filled my mind as my sight wavered in front of me. My sight was changed to a red haired man. At first his eyes appeared shadowed. But when he formed a grin, I could see his friendly eyes. On top of his head he wore the same strawhat.

As soon as the image had come up, it was gone. I blinked, was that a memory? I leaned closer to the boy who was wearing the strawhat. I reached out to touch it, as if in a daze.

"Oi! Don't touch my hat!" He shouted, making me jump.

"A-ah, s-sorry!" I stammered. "It's just... Where did you get that hat?"

His frown quickly turned into a grin. "Oh! I got this from shanks!"

"Shanks..." I muttered, testing the word on my lips.