Chapter 4- Monkey D Luffy One Damn Persistant Pirate

I do not own One Piece

.....................

My dagger and throwing knives rested at my hip. The sword I normally kept on me had been left at the bar. Hopefully Mamoru will sharpen it for me, though if I was being honest I knew he wouldn't.

While there was still a dull ache in my hand and arm, it was tolerable. I had gotten lucky enough to not injure my drawing hand.

A freshly sharpened pencil stuck out of my sketchbook, which I intended to use until the light of day was gone and the tip was dull and unusable. I had plans to sketch today's events, as well as the two memories I had remembered today.

Even if they were only a few seconds long, they were my memories. I wanted to make sure I didn't lose them again. This was the first time I had received two memories in one day. There had only been one other occasion where I had remembered something. All that involved was a faceless red haired woman, which had filled me with a sense of grieve as well as a sense of longing. I still don't know anything about that woman. The image still lingered in one of my sketchbooks, but her face was still empty. Hopefully I can go back and fill in her face.

Approaching my spot, I tucked my legs under me and rested my sketchbook on my lap. My spot was the same place Mamoru had caught me earlier. It was probably the only place I could get to without getting lost. It had a great view of the docks, as it was a ledge located above the it.

Turning to a fresh page, I took a moment to picture the memory of the man from earlier. Placing my pencil on the paper I started to draw. For a while my pencil danced across the page. A soft breeze tussled the grass, sending my hair around in ribbons. A soothing sound filled my ears, keeping me as peace as I drew.

.......................

I was so engrossed in my drawing that when a new voice suddenly shouted I shrieked in fright. "Woah! That looks exactly like Shanks!"

My heart pounded in my chest as I stated at my picture with wide eyes and an open mouth. Then my head loved over to my side to glare at whoever scared at me. Looking up I practically pressed my nose against Luffy, who was grinning. While my face turned a shade of red, he was completely unfazed by out closeness.

My glare remained, "Don't sneak up on me."

A snort to my right interrupted me. Looking over, I noticed that Zoro had followed his captain. Zoro was the one who had snorted. "That idiot couldn't sneak up on a deaf person, you just had your guard down."

Huffing, I pulled the book to my chest. "Did Mamoru tell you where to find me or something?"

Luffy grinned, crossing his legs before sitting next to me. "Yeah! It was boring with him, so I decided to look for you!"

"Nami made me go with him," Zoro complained. "He tends to get in trouble."

"I see." I muttered, "Well I'm busy right now." I held up my sketchbook.

"Oh! Oh! Why are you drawing Shanks?" Luffy asked, from the corner of my eye I noticed Zorro sit down with his swords resting between his legs.

I paused, "So that's his name?" I muttered, looking back at the face. At least I could now place a name to the face.

Confusion settled in on both Zoro and Luffy. "What does that mean?" Zoro asked, "Obviously you drew him, so don't you know him?"