Chapter 107: Change Everything

I do not own One Piece

Trigger Warning!
Abusive Family, Mental Abuse, Starvation, Physical Abuse
.........................................................

I've lost count on how many days I've been here.

I know it's been more than two weeks. Thankfully I haven't been forced into anymore lessons. Apparently they know I'm too weak now, which unfortunately is true. I can hardly even stand now, and just getting myself to sit up takes too much energy.

However, I have learned enough.

The current king is Italus. He plans to pass the kingdom to his second born, his daughter Ayami. Both are strong beyond compare and control the kingdom. Neither would make for a kind ruler, since their biggest strength is a firm hand.

Ayami is to take the throne soon. However a problem came up. She apparently can't give birth. Therefore she can't produce a heir for the throne.

That is why Sato and I got dragged into this mess.

Apparently our father is the first born of this royal family. Which means he is an heir, but from my understanding the family has abandoned him. I still don't know why, though that lead to Sato and I.

As his children, the next line of succession goes to us technically. Which is why they have retrieved us. However, Kitiara has said Sato won't be eligible for the throne anymore. Which is how I've gotten thrown into this mess.

They're trying to force me, a pirate, to be some kind of princess.

I've had time to stew in my thoughts for days now. A few things became clear. Sato should have told me about this mess of a family we have. I should have known everything, because then maybe I could have helped prevent my crew from being inflicted. I hope they are still going to deal with the flamingo guy.

Another clear point that came to me recently was understand of my mother. There is no doubt as to why my Mom tried to keep this information from Sato and I. She was protecting us, doing everything she could to keep us safe and away from the hands of this abusive family. I also understand why our Father wasn't around. That was truly his attempt to keep us safe.

A failed attempt of course.

Then there is the right-hand man. The Kobayashi family.

Having been listening in on other guards as well as those lessons I've managed to piece a few things together.

These families have been together since the beginning. They built their empire together, the Kobayashi family following the orders and whims of the royal family. Together they descended from the 'heavens', I'm assuming a sky island. From there they conquered the new world. Rather a portion of the new world.

To keep peace between both families it was decided the royal family would be the rulers, and the Kobayashi the faithful followers. In exchange for their loyalty, they have a large say so in most situations. The Kobayashi is the deciding factor of the heir.

Apparently they strongly disapproved of my father. Which was why Ayami was chosen. Just like Sato has been pushed to the side and now I'm being forced into this.

Of course, by now it takes a lot to break my spirit.

Once I ensure Sato is freed, I'll put a stop to this. Even if I have to kill the royal family. That's all I will allow them to be. They killed my mother and imprisoned my brother, they are nothing.

I'm a pirate.

Even if they force me to do these things now, it won't last. I only serve one person. I'll only work with a certain amount of people. Most importantly, I only take orders from my Captain. I will only work with my crew.

It's as simple as that.

A deep rumbling from my stomach was my reminder of my hunger. My stomach has gone numb days ago, so thankfully I wasn't feeling the pain of starvation. Though, unfortunately, I knew I was wasting away far faster because of my bad mental state before this.

Perhaps I should have listened to my crew's insistence of me eating.

My ribs were beginning to show and my face sunken in. The muscles I had worked hard to earn had wasted away and I was mainly bone now. I wondered if that was why they had forced these stupid clothing on me. The robes are far too loose, but they did hide the undernourishment.

"We should be arriving in a few days."

I looked up from my curled up position on the floor. The guards were talking outside my door again. I wondered if they wanted to have me hear them.

"Was there anymore signs of the StrawHats?"

My grip tightened on my loose clothing.

"No. We lost them well last week. And I doubt they know where we're going."

I was relieved, but also troubled by this. I don't want them getting involved, this situation may just be the end of my adventure. I can't let it be the end of theirs as well.

"You're right. She didn't even know anything when we retrieved her."

They never use my name.

Kitiara uses Mitsu, which angers me more.

Only my close family can use that name. Everyone else calls me Katsu now.

"So far Kitiara said she's doing well. Her attitude is still a problem, but her other marks are similar to Princess Ayamai."

Well damn. Here I thought I wasn't doing good.

"Her hair." I'm sure I heard a sound of disgust. "They'll need to change that. We've never had a royal with red hair."

My mother always said our father loved her hair.

"I heard that once they remove the tattoo they plan to dye her hair black to match Princess Ayami and King Italus."

I had not been aware of that. My hand let go of the robes I was wearing to grip onto a strand of my hair. Never had I not liked my hair. Even without my memories, Yume and even Mamoru had complimented it.

It has always been the one thing I had confidence in.

They want to change everything about me. I can't have my tattoo, a symbol of myself breaking free from the marines. I can't be a pirate, my whole being. I can't be an artist, my passion. I can't even have my own hair that I was born with.

I need to get Sato and I out safely. I just hope I can manage to do it.

...................................

End of Chapter 107!

This is not edited.