Chapter 123: No Way to Treat a Lady

I do not own One Piece

3RD POV
.............................................

Blood stained the ground, the dips soon forming a puddle. Rigid breaths sounded, each breath consumed with pain. The labored breathing and dripping from the blood seemed to echo throughout the arena.

The pirates stared in horror at the sight. Each of them wondering if there could have been a different outcome. Perhaps if they had tried to step in sooner, even at the risk of the Luffy, Sato, and Katsu being shot down.

Then, completely in sync, despite them being in different areas of the town, each shouted and cried in horror.

"Katsu!"

Sato and Luffy were perhaps the most horrified. The twin had expected it to be him. He could have sworn he felt it through and through that the blade was going to go through him. He wanted it to be him, him rather than her. Meanwhile the Captain hadn't yet processed what he was seeing. Surely his nakama had not just stabbed herself.

Katsu's hands stayed on the sword that pierced through her body, her hands beginning to shake as the pain registered as flares throughout her body. Tears still streamed down her face and her lip trembled as she tried to choke back sobs. Her knees bucked before finally giving out on her.

The instant she began to fall, both Sato and Luffy were beside her to catch her. Both had tossed the swords they had been given off to the side, neither needing such a weapon. Each being cautious enough not to touch the sword that still impaled her.

"Why?!" Sato demanded, his own eyes burning as he felt tears of his own begin to fall down his grimy face.

Katsu's tear stained face looked up at both Luffy and Sato. Fresh tears still streaming down her face as she let go of the sword to cling onto the both of them. Her shaky hands clenching onto each of them as if she was suddenly scared they would let go.

"I'd rather die than ever be imprisoned again." She murmured, then added. "And, if I'm unable to produce a heir, they have no use for me. Which means, the two of you can be free. The crew can be free."

Luffy's eyes widened as she continued to cry, clutching onto him while her head dropped forward as she attempted to hide her face. He had spent the last two years training so nothing like this would happen. Never again.

He wasn't going to lose someone again.

"Captain, you gotta go while they're still in shock." Katsu wheezed, biting her lip and forcing a smile through the tears on her face. "Make sure everyone makes it, and please take Sato." She tried to move away from the two, but she was too weak to try to push off the Captain and twin.

Luffy's grip on Katsu tightened only for a moment before he shook his head. "No." He answered, looking at Katsu as she tried to force a smile on her face. It was the most insincere smile Luffy had ever seen, especially from Katsu. "Captain's orders. I'm not leaving you. You're our artist." Then he took a step back, letting go of Katsu once he realized Sato still had a firm grip on her. He clenched his hands together and bellowed out to the heavens. "Now! Who's ass do I have to kick!"

Katsu tried to shake her head, "No. No more Captain's orders." She let out a soft sigh. "Please." She only had ever followed the orders given to her from Luffy, she had only ever wanted to follow the orders from her Captain. However, this time was different. It wasn't that she didn't want to, but rather she knew she shouldn't.

She had made the move for the distraction, they needed to take it and leave.

By now Robin had switched off the snail. She was sure Franky would be taking over soon, even if he was likely still dealing with the same shock the rest of them had just encountered. She looked up to make eye contact with Sanji and Zoro. With just a single look to them, the two were on their feet and making their way towards the railing. Their anger rolling off of them in waves.