Chapter 31: Memories (Part 1)

I don't own One Piece

......................................
Katsu/Mitsu's POV
6 years old
.....................................

"Ka-san!" I grinned, running to the red haired woman.

The woman turned and looked down at me, a kind smile lighting up her face making her crystal blue eyes light up. Unlike me, her red hair was cut shorter, going just past her shoulders and she had allowed her bangs to grow out. A scar lingered on her right hand, going up her forearm and stopping at her elbow, which she had explained happened during her time as a pirate.

Carefully she placed the glass she was holding down on the counter before turning her full attention to me. I loved it when she gave me her undivided attention.

"Yes, Mitsu?" She asked, carefully brushing some of my hair out of my face.

"Can Makoto come over today?" I widened my eyes and puffed out my bottom lip as I clasped my hands together. "Pleaseeee!"

Sato had told me if I gave her this look she wouldn't refuse my request.

My mom paused at the name, then stared at my face for a moment. Then a lighthearted giggle escaped her lips. "I'm assuming this Makoto is a friend you and Santo have made?"

Not able to stop the grin that lit up my face at the word 'friend', I nodded and clapped my hands. "Yeah! He's our first friend! So can he come over?"

"Of course, sweetie." She smiled, placing a kiss on top of my head. "He can even stay for dinner."

Throwing my arms in the air I let put a loud cheer. "Yes! Did you that hear that Sato? Ka-san said yes!!" I paused, jumping up to place a kiss on her cheek, which she had knelt down expecting it with a knowing smirk. "Thank you!"

Turning I sprinted towards the hallway, where my twin was waiting around the corner. "Sato! Sato! Let's go! Ka-san said yes!"

.......................

Sato and I ran to our fort. It was made from a large tree which was towards the center of the forest. My mom and Shanks had helped us hallow out the trunk enough for us to squeeze through and sit comfortably. It got a little stuffy during summers, but winters was always perfect. Shanks told Sato and I not to share the location of our fort with anyone else, unless we really trusted them.

The best part of our fort was what it was filled with. Sato and I have filled our fort with little treasures we've found around the island. Sparkling rocks, cool shaped sticks, arrow heads, and one abandoned rusted gun. We think it belonged to some pirate, since we found it on the beach.

Sato looked around us, making sure we weren't followed, which I followed his example to double check. Believing we were in the clear, Sato nodded and me and lifted the bush to let us crawl through.

"Come on, Mitsu." He whispered, letting me crawl through first. Makoto was going to meet us here later. Sato and I had told him the location of our fort just yesterday.

Following after me, Sato crawled into the tree, settling the bush back into place. Much like myself, my twin had the same red hair as me, and it was a long as mine too. Even our eyes were alike, though they were different shades of blue. Sato's eyes were more gray blue, while mine were a crystal blue.

I personally love Sato with long hair like mine, but he isn't as happy with it. Mom doesn't let us cut our hair for some reason, not that I really mind. Sato wasn't happy only because the other kids make fun of him for his long hair, which is one of the reasons we have a hard time making friends. I'm also told me beating up the kids with a stick doesn't help either.