Chapter 106: Change of Plans

I do not own One Piece

3rd POV
................................................
~ 1 Week Before~
................................................

A huff escaped Zoro as he wiped the sweat dripping down his face off with a towel. He had been chosen to stick on the ship while everyone went off on the island for restock purposes. Originally Zoro was going to go off on the island with Katsu, but she had left before the pairings were established.

And before Nami could forbid Zoro and Katsu being partners. Though everyone knew neither Zoro or Katsu would have listened.

Nevertheless, once it was clear Katsu had already disappeared Zoro decided to just wait on the ship. Considering the only other person staying on the ship was Law, Zoro was certain he had made the correct decision.  Meanwhile Usopp rushed off to find Katsu, as Nami had paired those two.

Now that his workout was finished, Zoro found himself nearly glaring down at Law. The doctor was leaning against the ledge of the ship with his arms crossed and for a moment Zoro imagined how easy it would be to push him overboard into the ocean.

"You can go on the island if you want." Law stated after a moment, glancing back to look at Zoro. A smirk grew on his face. "I'm pretty sure there's something you wanted to chase after."

"Eh?" Zoro curled his lip and his glare hardened as Law turned to look at him head on.

"You seem pretty disappointed when Katsu left before the pairings were done." Law answered, "Though I suppose you'd want to chase after her considering the competition lately."

Zoro couldn't stop the laugh that escaped him, his frown turning into a smirk of his own. "Competition? I only see a traumatizing doctor and a shitty cook."

"Yeah," Law's smirk didn't drop as he remained as relaxed as earlier. "You're right. No competition to worry about."

Zoro's smirk began to drop a fraction when he realized Law wasn't fazed. However, before either could react further, some crew mates had already returned.

Luffy, Robin, and Chopper approached the ship. A large chunk of meat rested in each of Luffy's hand and a large bundle of cotton candy rested in Chopper's. Chopper's giggling appeared contagious as Robin was giggling back with him. Luffy was occupied shoving his face with meat.

The Captain looked up and grinned when he made eye contact with Zoro. "Yo! Zoro! Law!" He greeted holding up his other hand that held the untouched meat. "I got Katsu some meat to feel better!"

Zoro could feel the look Law shot him and it confused him for a moment before he rolled his eyes. "Dumbass." Zoro mumbled as he glanced back at Law before looking towards the three. "She isn't here yet."

Luffy frowned, looking down at the piece of meat. "Damn..."

"He's gonna end up eating it." Zoro mumbled chuckling to himself as he crossed his arms.

"Why would he-" Law trained off as he saw both pieces of meat were now gone and Luffy appeared to have gained twenty pounds.

"Luffy!" Chopper cried out. "That was for Katsu!"

Luffy paused, blinking at the lack of food now in his hands. His eyes widened as realization came to him. "Oh no! I was supposed to save that for Katsu!'

Law blinked at the scene in front of him. His mouth closed into a frown when he saw the smirk on Zoro. "Perhaps he isn't much competition there."

"Luffy wouldn't be in the counting for that. Him and Katsu have more of a sibling relationship." Zoro answered.

"So you did consider it once before." Law added.

"Not really." Turning away from Law, Zoro frowned as he saw Usopp running towards the ship. His eyes narrowed in on the objects in his arms. "Why the hell is he carrying Katsu's sketchbooks."