Chapter 71: Clearly Someone is Stupid

I do not own One Piece.

Please read the A/N at the end

......................................................

There were some things I had grown to accept growing up. One of those things being that pirates will generally always be seen as the bad guys. It did not matter if said pirate was actually doing good, they were always to be seen as bad, as Mamoru had explained it. He made sure to keep that in my head as I wanted to follow the lifestyle of a pirate.

It was his way of preparing me for the future. For when I am a pirate and even if I do happen to actually help someone, people will still blame me, or my crew, for whatever bad did happen. It was inevitable.

So when I heard the fishmen cheering for Luffy, I couldn't stop the grin that pulled at my lips. This hit the category of something I never thought would happen. The whole idea was that we were supposed to be the fall guys for the government.

This moment was something I wish Mamoru could see. It might have actually made the cranky old man smile.

"Nami! I went and saved those idiots!" Sanji sang, dancing around Nami as she hit Brook over the head. "Do you love me now?!"

The poor Chef didn't get a response from me earlier when he tried to claim the same thing.

"Liar." Zoro snapped, glaring at Sanji. "We were waiting for you at the entrance."

I grinned, walking over to Zoro. "They finally listened to you for directions, huh?"

He looked at me, a smirk growing on his face. "Definitely."

We're such liars.

My attention drew to Franky, who was cheering about two new weapons. I nudged Zoro excitably, gaining a curious look from the swordsman.

"I can't wait to see Franky's designs! Those are always real works of art!" I squealed, practically shaking Zoro.

His lips tugged up in amusement at me, "Oh yeah?"

Pausing I looked over at the Fishmen glaring down at us. They either were just quiet, or we ended up completely ignoring anything they've said.

"Straw Hat! Get them!" The crowd of civilians demanded.

I frowned, resting a hand on my hip. "It sounds like they're trying to give us orders."

A pat on my shoulder made me look up to see Robin smiling in amusement. "They're only cheering him on."

The ground vibrated as debris filled the air. A large figure had busted through the debris which Luffy had kicked the fishman into. "Vander Decken is completely useless!"

The mention of Vander Decken brought a scowl to my face. Neither him, nor Hody, were in a safe place with me. I wanted nothing more than to beat them then suffocate them. Then repeat.

Hody had pissed me off by messing with me crew members. The only reason I won't be stepping in is because I know Luffy will serve a successful beat down.

Vander Decken, however, is still on my own beat down list.

"You played me for a fool, Jimbei!" Hody glared at the Fishman standing beside my crew. "I should have realized it the moment you were captured so easily!"

I almost sighed out loud in annoyance. Hody's only making himself look more stupid the longer he explains his, quite idiotic, mistake. If I was being honest, I had been skeptical of Hody falling for Jimbei's plan.