Chapter 17:The Rescue

I don't own One Piece

.......................................................
                3RD Person
........................................................

"It appears that I got to you a little late, Katsu." Brook muttered, holding the unconscious teen. His attention was brought to her shadow, or rather her nonexistent shadow.

Brook had just managed to meet up with Robin and Franky when they all heard shrieking. The fear filled voice was one that all three recognized. The artist Robin and Franky had been searching for was located. Brook, having no organs and therefor faster, was the first one at the scene.

He had heard Hogback, meaning Katsu was being experimented on. Brook had managed to make a distraction, which caused Hogback to leave in a hurry. Though, by then Katsu had no shadow. Judging from the other tools lying around, Hogback was planning on something more than just taking her shadow.

"Brook, where'd-" Franky's attention went to the red head in the skeleton's arms. "Katsu! Is she okay?!"

Brook didn't say anything, though Robin noticed it first. "Her shadow."

"I didn't get here fast enough." Brook muttered, his shoulders sagging as he offered the teen to Franky.

Franky frowned looking at Katsu. She wasn't wearing her own clothes, which typically consisted of a blue undershirt with a plain white tee with the shoulders hanging over, as well as a pair of shorts. Now the teen wore a white wedding gown, which had no shoulders and clung tightly to her chest. His eyes wondered to her shoulder that was typically bandaged, expecting to see some injury. Now her shoulder was completely exposed, and Franky could see why Katsu tries to hide it.

Both straw hats stared for a moment in silence. One wondering if she could be a threat, the other wondering what exactly she had been through to receive that brand.

"We should try to regroup at the ship." Robin said, her eyes leaving the marine brand on Katsu's shoulder. She wiped clean the thought of Katsu being a threat. She was raised on an island made for pirates. Mamoru, Katsu's guardian, had claimed she had been saved from a marine ship. Robin knew she could still trust Katsu. The two straw hats started running, Brook being left behind.

Sanji was the first to notice Katsu had been taken. That had sparked a worry in the group, though Robin now realized the mistrust that had sparked in Sanji's eyes. He had seen her brand, yet he didn't say anything. Sanji wanted to trust her, but he was worried Katsu was working against them. Robin glanced down at the red head, she would make sure to clear those worries next time she saw Sanji.

Franky and Robin had noticed that Katsu had appeared out of it today.  They knew something happened when they opened that barrel, and Katsu wasn't telling. While they didn't expect her to tell them, they still couldn't help but worry and hope she would share. Whatever had happened it had been distracting her.

"Robin, about Katsu's shoulder." Franky muttered, his eyes strained on the branded scar on her shoulder.

"We should cover it." Robin answered, "I wouldn't want a brand showing like that either."

The cyborg looked over the the ebony haired woman, a large frown on his face. "You don't think she's a spy?"

Robin shook her head, "No. They wouldn't have branded their logo onto a spy, it would give them away too easily. Something like that is given by force," Her eyes darkened as a thought came to her. "She was experimented on, that much we know for sure. With this brand I'm assuming they branded her arm as a symbol of ownership, claiming her as their property."