Christmas Special!

I do not own One Piece

............................................................
Third Family Christmas: AKA First Christmas with Mamoru

Katsu Age 10

3rd POV
............................................................

She was mesmerized by the way her breath hung in the air. Despite the chilling cold, which bit though her skin, she kept wondering outside as small flakes of white fell from the sky.  She had noticed quickly that the white flakes were layering the ground and throughout the day it was becoming white.

Her feet were numb once more. They had grown numb after she had been standing in the cold for a while, but she paid no attention to that. Instead she took a deep breath and let it out, watching as a small fog was created by her breath. Each time she saw her own breath her lips would tug upward and she'd hop a little in excitement.

When she went to do it again, something warm wrapped around her whole body, blocking out her vision. Then she felt herself being picked up and tucked under an arm. Blinking in confusion, she wiggled her head to free her sight around the large coat and attempt to look up.

"Katsu, I keep telling you to put on a damn coat and shoes before you go outside." Mamoru's gruff voice stopped her attempt of looking through the coat. "It's freezing out there, and I'll be damned if you get sick and I have to close the bar to take care of you."

"But it's really cool outside. I can see my breath." Katsu answered, her body shivering now that she realized how chilled she had become.

"Yeah, it's winter, and it's cold. Of course you can see your breath." Mamoru answered, rolling his one visible eye.

He walked past the bar and into the back, which lead towards his home. He had just finished cleaning up for the night when he noticed the red-head had snuck out again. She had done so leaving her coat, boots, and scarf on the bar, again. It's become a trend since the cold weather had started. Thankfully she was still too timid to explore past the front of the bar, Mamoru wasn't sure it would be easy to find such a short person had she wondered off.

Walking into his kitchen, Mamoru pulled out a chair and plopped the child onto it, her head poking out of his coat and it fell down. Her nose and cheeks were red and her skin felt ice cold. He wasn't sure how long she had been outside.

"Stay there." He grunted, walking into the kitchen and turning on the stove as he put a pot on the burner.

"White stuff started falling down from the sky today." Katsu called out, turning around in the chair Mamoru had placed her in. Her hand gripped the back of the chair under the long sleeves of the coat. The hair that Yumi had stopped by to place in a ponytail with a blue bow with white snowflakes on it had fallen out of the ponytail, giving the child a slightly wild look. "The white stuff is cold too."

"That's called snow." Mamoru answered, placing a whisk in the pot which now had different ingredients. "That typically happens in the winter."

"Snow." Katsu repeated then hummed quietly. "It looks pretty."

"I am a little surprised, it doesn't normally snow here." Mamoru mumbled, pulling down two mugs. "Maybe your little fit the other day drew in some of those clouds."

Overall Mamoru admitted he was a little surprised it had gotten this cold on this island. They lived on a spring island, so typically the weather was constant and there was zero likely of any cold weather. That was of course before a child with little to no control over her devil fruit that happened to control wind came to live on this island. Though, he suspected it would be gone by tomorrow.