Chapter 124: Fear

I do not own One Piece

3RD POV
.........................................................

Taro had been expecting many things upon returning to his homeland. An army awaiting him. Perhaps the fury of the Kobayashi family. He, whoever, had not expected the kingdom to already be in shambles.

Not even because of him, either.

No, the emerald pirates had only just docked their ship, right next to the Straw Hat's ship, when they could already hear the chaos erupting around the town. Nothing was burning yet, which he supposed he was going to do soon. However, the most bazaar, was the person on the Straw Hat's ship.

Rather, the remains.

Taro and Kimiko looked across from their ship. Their eyes landing on the empty sockets of a skill with an afro. Nobody said anything as the skeleton cloaked in a black and white toga took a sip of steaming tea. Looped on his arm appeared to be a cane.

Finally, Kimiko rose a hand. "Yo."

The skeleton placed the cup down then returned the motion back to her. "Yo."

The interaction brought a smile to Taro's face. "I assume you're with the Straw Hat's?" He asked, tipping his hat up to look at the skeleton with hopes of not intimidating him.

"I am indeed, you are?" The skeleton asked.

"Taro, Captain of the Emerald pirates." When the skeleton seemed to absorb the information, he reacted in calm surprise.

"Yohoho, Katsu has mentioned you before." He said, then looked back towards two tied up figures on the deck. "I believe that is your handywork?"

Taro looked over, his eyes landing on one of the prisoners hand, which was made up of emerald. The man was tied up and gagged with what appeared to be a dirty dish towel. Memories of his actions filled him instantly and he couldn't stop the glare that had formed on his face directed at the man. "Katsu has been busy, I see."

"Maybe we can finish that job later." Kimiko smirked, as she seemed to remember exactly who the man was. "Mamoru wouldn't let us do it then, but here nothing is stopping us."

"As much as we would all love that," The skeleton began, taking a step to the side to advert their gaze from the tied up scientists. "We need them alive. Now what are big pirates such as yourselves doing here?"

"They've got our kids!" A new voice yelled, running to stand beside Taro. His right eye was shut with an 'x' shaped scar resting over it, and the man's baby blue hair was tied back in a short ponytail.

"Children?"

"My-" Taro gave an extra emphasis on the word before continuing. "kids were taken. Though, I've only gotten a chance to know my son. They've gotten their hands on both of them."

"Better question," Kimiko jumped in, resting her elbows on the railing of their ship. "Why are you guys here, and what exactly is going on here? I didn't take Katsu for one to join a crew that needlessly pillages."

The skeleton hummed in thought, his attention focused on Kimiko's chest for only a moment before he looked back at Taro as if he had pieced something together. "We're turning this kingdom upside down, shaking it out, then perhaps burning the palace down to the ground." He took a sip of his tea once more, ignoring the threatening look he had just received from both Taro and Kimiko.

"Say, does the name Sato mean anything to you?"

..................................................