Chapter 100! Mental Healing

I do not own One Piece.

chapter 699

.....................................................................................

3rd POV
.....................................................................................

It's been a week since the Straw hats left Punk Hazard. A week since Luffy formed an alliance with Law, the surgeon of death. A week since they kidnapped Caesar and Omasu. A week since Katsu was cut open and stitched back up.

Katsu typically healed faster than everyone else on the crew, that much was known. However, it was clear that the extend of the damage done to her was not quite done healing. The stitches had healed overall, all that was left were some more scares added onto her abdomen and some bruising. Her mind, on the other hand, had not healed.

It took the crew a few days to take notice of the drastic change in their artist. Though they had noticed the dark circles forming under her eyes, they had written it off as she was injured and was healing. In the end, Zoro was the first to notice something wrong by the third day.

"Oi, Katsu." Zoro called as he swiped the fuzzy blanket he knew Katsu typically napped with. The past few days Chopper had the artist stuck in the room to keep an eye on her as she was healing so she's missed out on the nap times.

The swordsman frowned when she didn't look towards him. Katsu sat on the stairs looking out towards the ocean, her sketchbook opened but nothing being drawn on the empty page. He leaned in closer to look at her with a raised eyebrow, a frown formed on his face when he realized her eyes appeared glazed over.

"Katsu." He called again, poking her cheek. The contact seemed to gain her attention, though rather than her typically loud energetic self, Katsu lazily looked towards him.

"Ah, Mr. Hottie." She mumbled, "What do you need?"

"Nap time." Zoro answered, holding up her blanket with a smirk. His gaze looked at her dark circles for a moment before looking at her.

"Ah, not today." Katsu answered, standing up and walking away from Zoro.

Zoro blinked his one eye in disbelief. He not only called for her to join in on the nap, which Katsu typically just dived into, but he even brought her blanket. His smirk dropped into a frown as he thought of the dark circles that had formed under her eyes.

Turning around he walked over to the two tanning females and crossed his arms. His shadow blocked the sunlight from them, gaining their attention. Nami frowned at him, calling out to complain.

"Has Katsu been sleeping in the room?"

Nami stopped her complaint and Robin lifted her sunglasses with a thoughtful look on her face. "Hard to say really, she typically stays up later than us, or she's out doing watch with you or Luffy. Even if Chopper has put her on room probation, we all know she typically doesn't stay still." Nami answered, then frowned as she thought it over.

"She hasn't been with me while I've been on watch." Zoro answered.

"She normally does sneak in after Nami-san and I've gone to sleep," Robin stated, a frown forming on her lips. "However, now that you mention it, I haven't seen her sneak in until it's nearly morning and she acts as if she's just gotten up. I assumed she was napping with you during the night."

"She's not sleeping then." Zoro answered, "Because she just refused a nap."

Both Robin and Nami sat up in shock. "That explains a lot." The three turned their gazes up towards Katsu, who had just made her way into the kitchen.