Chapter 105: Family Traditions

I do not own One Piece

Trigger Warning!
Abusive Family, Mental Abuse, Starvation, Physical Abuse

..........................................................

  The first three or so days were fairly easy. Though I was hungry, I was able to ignore it. The simplest trick I used was reverting back to the horrified memories I wished to forget. As unfortunate as it was, it helped curb the appetite that tried to start. However, by the fifth day all I could hear in the bare room was my stomach growling.

Sanji had once mentioned to me how he had gone nearly three months starving when he was a child. I haven't even made it a full week and I couldn't imagine how traumatic that was for him when he was a child.

By the end of the first week all I could really focus on was the pains that were starting in my stomach. Any energy I had left was completely gone. The combination from the hunger and sea prism completely zapped me dry. To make it even worse, I was only given a single glass of water today, the seventh day. Considering the fact that I haven't been given anything else, I've decided to try my best to conserve the water and take as few sips as possible.

Even with my low energy and rumbling stomach it didn't stop the woman, Kitiara, from forcing me to listen to these so called lessons. It was all stuff which I had no interest in. Something to do with this Kingdom, which has been ruled for centuries by the same family. All week has been basic history and such.

Really, this was something Robin would have loved to listen to. She could have relayed the information most important for me to actually remember. I didn't want all the extra facts, especially from someone who I wanted nothing more than to punch the lights out of.

Then there were these other lessons, which consisted of me walking, sitting, and speaking a certain way. Apparently I didn't do any of it correctly.

Everything from the way I walked, spoke, or sat was 'Improper' and 'proof of my bastard blood'. All the way to my values, specifically that every person on the planet were equals. Kitiara specifically loved ripping into my life choice of being a pirate.

At exactly seven in the morning Kitaria came to my room. After the first day I quickly learned that I had to be completely ready and 'presentable' on time. My body luckily still heals decently, so those bruises were almost gone.

"Mitsu." The door opened to the strict stone faced woman. She looked me over. Her eyes gazing down my hair, which was not allowed to be tied back by anything and had to be neatly brushed. When she looked over the clothes that hung off of me, she paid special attention to my shoulder. I had been instructed to keep a royal purple silk drape over my shoulder and down over my torso. The rest of the clothes hung off of me loosely, fitting like silk sheets that clasped on one shoulder. Then her eyes glanced at my feet, where the golden sandals were already placed on me, the ties wrapping around my ankles up to my knees and tied perfectly. She didn't remark on the dark purple bruises that riddled my ankles and feet, something I ended up doing to myself daily once taking off the shoes to stop myself from going crazy.

Once I had met her standard she looked back at me. Her eyes nearly narrowing into a glare when I almost met her eyes. "Come. Your lessons will begin soon." She took a step back to allow me space to leave the room.

As soon as I was beside Kitiara, I stiffened feeling her arm shoot out. With a hard grip, she jabbed my already bruised back while her other hand lifted my head.

"Perfect posture." She nearly growled, her words pronounced carefully and too perfect.

I clenched my teeth to keep myself quiet. Here I was, sure I had perfect posture. Somehow I'm reminded of this everyday and she always jerks my head upwards. It's harder to not look people in the eyes with my head up so high.