Chapter 36: Everything Is Just Peachy

I don't own One Piece

.......................................

The shrills of my voice faded and instead I was left with the sound of waves softly crashing upon land. My breathing was heavy and my hands clenched the ground underneath me. A mixture of crumbled dirt and wet sand met my hands.

My eyes shot open. The images still clear in my vision, which was slowly becoming blurred. The images flashed through. A red haired woman lying lifeless on the ground, in a pool of her own blood, and a snowflake blanket draped over her. Two young boys, a blue haired and a red haired, both holding soft nervous smiles. A straw hat wearing red haired man, who was holding his hand out to me with a sad smile. Then, the image became more hazy. A tall figure dressed in white and blue, and a grayed beard falling from his face. The only part clear was the needle in his hand.

Instantly my breathing hitched again and my hands clenched the dirt underneath me. My voice was caught in my throat and I swore I could feel the binds on my arms and legs holding me down. Tears blurred my vision as fear gripped my body tightly. I couldn't move, and breathing was becoming hard. The loud pumping from my heart throbbed in my ears.

Just when I found my voice to let out a panicked shrill, the images faded. Instead I was left with the gray sky, littered with stormy clouds. I became aware of how wet my body felt, though I wasn't sure if it was from sweat, or the mist that covered the air. I knew my face was wet from a mixture of sweat, tears, and the mist.

My bottom lip trembled, "Ka-san..." It was as if my voice had reverted back into the child tone it used to be. More tears fell from my eyes. Shanks didn't make everything okay again. He was supposed to make everything okay.

Then my eyes widened, and I shot up from the ground into a sitting position. No pain registered in my numb body as I looked around. My breathing picked up again as I noticed the absence of anything familiar. Not even the Sunny was in sight.

"Luffy?" I looked around, "Franky? Robin?" My crew was not in sight, though I don't know what I expected since even the ship wasn't here.

I could feel my stomach drop as my breathing came in short breaths once more. Did my crew leave me? Did them seeing me completely lose it from the memories make them decide better than to keep me with them? Maybe they realized I was too much trouble for them.

My thoughts stopped when I looked down. My eyes landed on my shoulder, which was bandaged still. Sanji had tied it tight enough to keep it on but not cut off any circulation. Then my attention was drawn to a few lose bandages, which were stained from dried blood. Raising an arm, I pulled the bandages away from my face. The last bit of Chopper's handy work. Then my eyes went to my lap, where my bag sat, the strap still attached around my shoulder.

It wasn't the bag that really caught my attention, it was the piece of paper that was half sticking out of my bag. The handwriting I recognized instantly, having seen it multiple times on packed lunches. Worriedly, I pulled the note from the bag. I almost didn't want to read it, in the case that my thoughts were true and my crew had decided against me being in it.

Figuring I should get it over with, in the case that they did just want to get rid of me, I unfolded the note. Clearly Sanji had written the note, though I wasn't sure why. If I was going to be kicked out of the crew I would have imagined Luffy would have scribbled a quick 'you're out' and be done with it.

Katsu-chan,
While I promise I won't let it happen, we came up with a back up plan. In the instance that we do get separated, and somehow you wake up by yourself Robin, Chopper, and I agreed that you would need this note to explain. (Chopper explained you might be really confused when you wake up) We all agreed that we would meet back up in three days, once the ship finishes being coated, and set sail to fishman island. Since Luffy punched that bastard we don't know who we'll encounter, and we wan-