Chapter 103: Blackmail Island

I do not own One Piece

.......................................................
    3RD POV
.......................................................

The best word Katsu could use to describe this island they were approaching was simple, unimpressed. She wasn't sure if it was simply because this island comes after the ever exciting Fishman island, or the traumatizing Punk Hazard. Never-the-less, nothing about the island in front of her stood out.

At most it resembled the island she had grown up on as a child. Which, considering they were in the New World, she found that a bit disappointing.

Normal cottage styled homes and buildings filled the village. The port was filled with open market styled shops, which seemed to bustle with life. Towards the back of the village surrounded by free roaming livestock were tall windmills.

A few ships were docked at the island. One which she recognized as a normal fishing ship, the other seemed to be a visitor. No jolly roger nor marine symbol marked the ship. Instead it was painted a rich royal purple with gold trimmings and the head mast was a hand carved owl. It was a beautiful ship, which Katsu was certain must be a merchant ship.

A sigh escaped her as the crew was slowly starting to gather up on the deck. Nami was assigning the pairs while handing out the allowance and giving instructions. However, when they started bickering about a comment made from Luffy, Katsu rolled her eyes and jumped off the ship.

She hopped on the air once before landing softly on the wooden port of the island. They wouldn't be angry if she went ahead, so long as she doesn't cause trouble. Besides that, she has her own stash of money that she had hidden on the ship. Selling paintings as Mitsu and traveling with the worlds best artist didn't come with no rewards. It was easy for Katsu to state she had more than enough money now.

Katsu was surprised Nami hasn't sniffed out the money already. Perhaps more surprised than the the fact she can locate the money on the ship repeatedly. She just hoped nobody else looked for the small landmarks she had placed around the ship.

Looking around the port, Katsu scanned through the opened shops before shrugging and walking towards the closest one. Katsu locked eyes with a plump young woman was arranging the stacks of fruit on the stand. When she smiled warmly at Katsu, she decided to approach her.

"I see you just docked on our small island," The woman greeted, her cheeks showing an indent as her dimples appeared on her face. "We don't get too many visitors here, far too close to those bigger cities."

"Oh, like Dressrosa?" Katsu attempted to keep the conversation going, her eyes narrowing down on the stacks of oranges. "Can I get some of those please?"

"Sure thing!" The woman nodded and reached around to grab a bag. "I suppose we're not too far from Dressrosa, but I was talking about the Kingdom of Purpura. Though either one still require some travel time, we see more travelers from Purpura. How many oranges do you want?"

She couldn't say all of them. Right?

"Seven." Katsu answered. Surely Sanji would stock up on oranges. "Do you know where an art supply shop is?"

"Seven, gotcha." The woman nodded and began to place the oranges in a bag. "Just go all the way down this street, and at the very end you'll see a big colorful sign. You're quite lucky, we've got a great art supply shop here. I believe they said they studied on some fancy art island for a while, don't know why they decided to just sell art supplies in the end though. You need to look at the color dyes. They actually go to the Kingdom of Purpura on occasion and get the expensive ones."