Chapter 49: A Very Important Phone Call

I don't own One Piece

This chapter should be pretty happy
...............................................
  1 Year into training
...............................................

Perhaps the coolest place here was the weapon's maker. There were only two shops on the whole island that specialized in weapons, but each were completely different. One specialized in redoing old weapons that were completely covered in rust and thought to be useless. The other made specialty weapons.

I had collaborated with her a couple months ago on an idea that I had. With some input from her, we managed to design a new weapon for me. My daggers just weren't going to cut it, and that cursed gun I had found a new owner I wanted to give to.

I wanted a weapon that worked with my devil fruit.

Walking into the shop, I paused to wipe my feet on the mat at the entrance. Arisu had tied to get me to wear shoes at first. She finally gave up a month ago. I suspected it was because of the major failure. Apparently I've formed some kind of anxiety when wearing shoes. It feels like my feet are bound and I don't like feeling trapped. Needless to say, Arisu had felt bad for my freak out, and finally stopped trying to have me wear shoes.

"Izzy, you there?" I called as I walked further into the warm stuffy shop. The clanging I heard from the back stopped.

"One second!" A cheery high pitched voice chimed, shuffling could be heard as she walked around.

Glancing around me, I looked over the other weapons that hung on the walls. Each had been made by Izzy, and each had her signature carved into the handles. Her weapons were her art.

The flap to the back lifted, giving me view of the woman. She was quite a tall woman, standing over six feet easily, and she had a slim but muscular built to her. Her brunette hair was placed into a messy braid, pulling her hair out of her face. A large metal mask was flipped out of her face, allowing me to see her slender face and big smile along with the dirt smudges on her cheeks. Unlike me, the woman had a natural olive tone, where as I was lucky if my skin got any tan under the sun.

When her large violet eyes met mine, her smile widened. Quickly, she wiped her hands on her messy pants and pulled something from under the counter.

"I've been so excited for you to see it, Katsu!" She practically squealed, placing one then two silver objects on the counter.

"I doubt you're as excited as I am!" I grinned, trying not to just snatch the objects off the counter.

She rolled her eyes, picking up one of the silver objects. "Right. So it took some time to make sure they would be sturdy, and adding in the weight you wanted was difficult."

I nodded silently in agreement. "But I managed to not only give you the weight, function, and sturdiness. I even made them look like regular fans at first glance!" With a flick of her wrist, the silver fan opened.

A large smile formed on my face as I saw the design I had sketched on the fan. The design itself wasn't anything special, as it had to be simple for Izzy to copy it. It consisted of blue lines on the bottom waving around and crashing towards the middle, looking as part of the roaring ocean. Then in the center of the waves was a crimson circle, meant to be the sun. The backdrop of the image was silver.

Then, I realized I hadn't even seen the weapon part yet. Currently, it was just a fan.

"Now look," Izzy grinned, pushing up her thumb and pulling down with her fingers. The fan pulled downward as multiple blades pushed up on the rim of the fan. All until the rim was a solid serrated blade.