Christmas Special

I do not own One Piece

......................................
The Second Family Christmas

Mitsu/Katsu Age: 7
.......................................

 Three children stood in front of the red headed woman, waiting her inspection. Each wore a coat and had a  scarf draped around their necks. The red headed boy stood beside his sister, who stood in the middle. He smiled sweetly as his mother straightened his scarf then handed him some mittens. His hair was pulled out of his face by a simple ponytail.

Beside the redheaded boy was his sister, who matched in in height. Her hair had been braided, a request from her mother which the girl complied, though it hasn't come easily. Unlike her brother, she had an impatient frown on her face. The frown only made the mother smile more as she popped a hat on top of the girl's head before handing the girl a pair of mittens.

Beside the girl was a slightly taller blue haired boy. His cheeks flushed in embarrassment when the woman kneeled down and started tying his scarf tighter around his neck. On his head was an old floppy hat which had once been his grandfathers. Already on his hands were a pair of new mittens, which Shanks had bought for the boy.

"'Ka-san! Can we go now?" The girl whined, wiggling her knees as she almost jumped in place.

Sayomi smiled, looking at Mitsu in amusement. She took note that the girl had lasted a record of eight minutes before becoming impatient. "I suppose-"

Before the woman could even finish, the girl turned and ran out the front door. "Thanks, 'Ka-san!"

Sato and Makoto turned around to look for the girl with wide eyes. Then they looked back at Sayomi. Sato looked annoyed while Makoto looked sheepish.

"Why can't she run that fast when we're supposed to clean our room?" Sato sighed, remembering the last time he had cleaned it almost completely by himself.

"Shanks is coming, what else do you expect?" Sayomi shrugged, a smile tugging at her lips while she shrugged. "It can't be helped. Though you two might want to hurry if you want to catch up before she tries to jump into the ocean to swim to him."

Both boys eye's widened as they looked at each other before turning to run out the door. "Mitsu! Wait up!"

The mother's smile grew as she saw the boys scrambling after Mitsu. Their actions and pleas for Mitsu to slow down showing their concern for the sister. It was enough to give Sayomi some pride that she was raising these children right.

...................................

Mitsu regretted her discussion. Big time.

Jumping in the water at freezing temperature was apparently not a good idea. For many reasons of course. The first being because of the shock her body felt when she jumped into the icy water, which prompted the second problem of not being able to swim as well as she normally can. That was followed up by her dear beloved Uncle jumping into the ocean to her rescue, which also prompted both a scolding from his crew and her Uncle to unnecessary freeze. Not to mention she was freezing, it felt as if the chill went down to her bones.

She had learned a lesson. Don't jump into cold water.

Lucky Roo had been quick to grab a steaming cup of hot cocoa and give it to the freezing girl. Mitsu loved Lucky Roo's hot cocoa. It was as if she was drinking melted chocolate, and she could make out a ting of cinnamon. She loved cinnamon. So perhaps jumping into freezing water had it's perks.

"You need to be careful, Mitsu." Shanks scolded me, shivering as he clutched his blanket closer to his body. "You should know better than to jump into such cold water. You cold have gotten frostbite if I hadn't jumped in to help you."