Chapter 50: It Doesn't Define Me Anymore

I don't own One Piece

............................................

  1 Year and 6 months into training
............................................

I slid my left foot behind me, widening my stance. My left arm was placed behind me as well, holding a blackened fan while my right arm was placed in front of my face holding another spread out blackened fan. Wrapped around my eyes was a red bandana, hindering my sight.

Around me the air was completely still. No movement of any kind alerted me of anything. I kept my breathing slow and steady, focused.

Nothing was going to get past me today.

Not even a single hair-

The blindfold covering my eyes fell over my face, sliced cleanly in half. With wide eyes I stared at the dagger, my old dagger, with rested in Arisu's hand. Taking a quick step back, I looked at my belt in shock, sure enough my dagger was gone.

"When the hell did you do that?" I demanded, snapping my fans shut and allowing my haki to retreat.

The old woman grinned, spinning my dagger between her fingers before offering the handle to me. "While you were standing there. You may have mastered armament haki, but you have a long way to go to get observation haki down." She narrowed her eyes at me. "You can't rely on that devil fruit all the time. There might be a time when you have sea stone on you and you can't use the air to navigate people coming behind you."

With a huff of frustration, I snatched up the weapon and placed it at my belt, right beside the two fans I had just placed on my belt. A whole two months and still nothing! To top it off, this is the fifth time Arisu has stolen one of my weapons!

Who knew a marine was sneaker than our crew's cat burglar?

Arisu let out a laugh, taking her hair out of it's ponytail. Her hair was still white, but she's let it grow out past her shoulders. The ends are till dyed pink from the last time she dyed her hair. Considering how much the woman dyes her hair, I'm surprised with how healthy it is.

"Well, if anything, at least you have some haki." She joked, smiling at me. "It'll be easier to protect yourself."

"That won't be enough." I answered, "I need to protect my crew as well as myself. I have to get this down as well."

She nodded and grinned at me. "I agree. The New World is no place for a weakling. Just being a famous artist isn't going to help-"

"Arisu-sama!" Our attention was brought to the high pitched voice. From the voice I knew the owner already.

Haishi, Kenji's boyfriend. I was quick to accept him as such, considering he is almost as sweet as Kenji. Though he was much taller, standing at almost seven feet if I was correct. Unlike Kenji, Haishi has very thick stark black hair, which he keeps short. He has a very well defined jawline and beautiful cheekbones that highlight his facial features. His left ear was decorated with one long earring, and he always wore some bronze band around his right arm. Though he was still new around the island, all the females fawned over the upcoming chef.

Needless to say they were disappointed when they discovered he was gay. The men, Kenji more particularly, were overjoyed with the attractive man.

"Haishi, what do you want?" Arisu stood straighter, her face morphing back into the signature scowl.

"The concert for next week! The building's ruined!" He said, his eyes wide as his high pitched voice grew even squeakier. "Some pirates got into a fight and broke down a wall!"