Chapter 68: The Same

I don't own One Piece

................................................

I stood on the railing for a few seconds looking everyone over. Somehow Nami and Caime had gotten here, though I have no idea how they left the palace. Then there was Luffy, who was completely passed out, giving me the impression some storytelling had happened. The cherry on the top was Jimbei, Hachi, and Franky crying.

This was not what I expected when I left them earlier.

Especially since it's not Shirahoshi crying.

"Ah, why the fuck are you guys crying?" I asked, looking over towards Nami as I jumped off the railing and walked towards the cyborg.

She smiled at me, completely ignoring my question. "Katsu! You made it safely with Luffy! Brook said a shark took you."

"Both are true." I nodded, patting Franky as he blubbered about some queen. "Thanks for the tea, Sanji."

The chef looked at me with hearts, "Anything for you, Katsu-chan!" Then he proceeded to kick Luffy. "How long are you gonna sleep?!"

I chuckled, looking over at Jimbei as he was staring at me. My smile fell and I felt my face steel over. I should be nicer, but he was once a warlord. Mamoru had really been clear on not trusting those guy.

However, Jimbei was no longer a warlord, and he was Luffy's friend.

Sighing I looked up at Jimbei and took a few steps closer to him. He was a tall and round fishman, but then again they all were tall.

"Listen," I said, keeping my voice even. "I'll give you a shot, but only because Luffy trusts you. Warlords are all shit in my book, but since you gave that up I guess you can't be that bad."

He did look a fraction relieved.

"However," I narrowed my eyes on Jimbei. "You do anything against the crew, I'll be the first one to stand against you. I don't protect a lot of things, but I'll protect them without a shred of doubt."

He blinked at me for a moment before smiling a little. "For such a tiny person, you're a little scary."

I smirked at me, "Thanks."

"I do have one question, just to be sure." He gained a stoned look, to prepare himself for my answer. "What's your feelings on fishmen?"

I blinked, my nose wrinkling at his question. "Huh? That's a stupid question."

"We're different species, so-"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Fishmen always bring up this whole 'species' thing.

"We have the same type of blood. To me that means that we're the same." I shrugged, seeing him blink at me. "Sure, we look different, but everyone looks different. Have you see Franky? He's more of a different species than you guys. I don't think of that whole species thing with fishmen. That's stupid and anyone saying that should have their ass kicked."

Meeting Jimbei's eyes again, which I was sure were wider than before. "So my thoughts towards fishman are really non-existent. It's like saying I think something of humans." I shrugged, then smiled. "I do have thoughts on cats however. They're cute, cuddly, and can be deadly. That's the best part of them.-"

"Thank you, Katsu." Jimbei stopped my rant with a sheepish smile, waving his hands at me. "We can resume your thoughts on cats later. Though I would love to hear more about cats later, we do have some other things to do."

Damn.

The ex-warlord just scored some points from me. He's sneaky.

My smile widened and I nodded eagerly. "Ah! Sounds great! Sato always stops me when I start talking about cats."

I haven't figured out if it's because he's afraid I'll concert him into a cat person, or if it's because he's envious of my cat logic. I've come to the conclusion that it's likely both.

.......................................................

End Chapter 68!

So it's a super short chapter, but Katsu and Jimbei interacted very well. I do feel like I should warn you that while Katsu has been nice to him in this chapter she is still quite iffy on Jimbei. You'll see some of that in the next chapter I suppose, but as you can see from this chapter they will eventually get along.

The next chapter will be longer I swear!

I finished this picture and I actually liked it a lot, but I'm sure you guys know that considering it's the cover now...

This is not edited.