Chapter 83: Bad Feeling

I do not own One Piece

Warning! There are some dark parts in this chapter.

.......................................................

3rd POV

..........................................................

If Katsu had known her Captain was going to shove the legs onto the back of himself and then continue to refuse to let Zoro hold her, she would have stayed on the ship. Of course, that would have entailed that she knew about the wondering legs before she left the Sunny. Either way, now she's forced to still piggy back on her Captain awkwardly with a pair of legs practically underneath her as said Captain goes around claiming to be a Centaur. Thankfully Robin put a stop to the last bit, claiming he was being insensitive.

The few looks Katsu gave to Zoro were received with looks of pity. The first couple of times Zoro had offered to take Katsu, Luffy had shaken his head and claimed that he was instructed not to let Katsu down. After Luffy gave Zoro a dirty look the first mate gave up and instead just gave the artist apologetic looks.

"I don't know where these legs came from." Katsu groaned, pouting as she rested her head on Luffy's shoulder. "They're hairy. Couldn't we have just tied them up and dragged them around like we're doing with the dragon meat? I don't wanna touch it, it's weird."

Luffy laughed at Katsu's whining. "They're not that weird."

Katsu groaned again, giving up. She thought about mentioning the possibility of Law again, but the last two times Luffy had interrupted her so she wondered if she really wanted to bother again. It was just a 90% chance that it was Law's doing, the other 10% was iffy given that the legs actually managed to talk. She was pretty sure that was not supposed to happen.

"Hey! Get up here!" Katsu glanced upward to see Zoro standing up on some melted building. She didn't bother to react much as Luffy was already running over towards the swordsman.

However, when he got up there he let out a big 'Oohh' and Katsu sat up with an opened mouth.

Across from them was another part of the island. However, unlike the part they were currently on, that half was covered in snow and ice. A drastic change from this half that was covered in fire and volcanoes.

"Wow! What a neat island! It's snowing over there!" Luffy cheered, "It's so hot here I could go for some snow cones!"

"But you'll be cold by the time we get there!" Usopp blinked, shaking his head and looking over at Katsu as if she'll help reason with him.

Immediately Katsu sat up straighter, "Ah! When we get over there you can let me down Luffy!"

"Wait! No!" Usopp cried, looking around to try and find reason.

Luffy frowned skeptically, "Chopper said not to let you down at all..."

She nodded, "Yeah, on the fire side. The ice side is completely different."

Zoro gave her a look, "You gonna wear shoes?"

"Never!"

The answer pulled out a swordsman as he looked at her smugly. "Never." He replied back, his smirk growing when she gasped at him as if he insulted her.

"Katsu-san," Robin stepped in. "While on this side your feet would badly burn, on that side your feet will get severe frostbite. Unless you wear shoes you should not walk, the consequences will be just as bad."