Chapter 113: A Beggar Named Pollux

I do not own One Piece.

3RD POV
................................................

"Meat! Meat! Meat!" Luffy chanted, banging his fists on the counter with his tongue hanging out. He needed to eat so he could get Katsu back. They would be in and out. With maybe some time to explore the kingdom before they rush to take down the flamingo.

The Captain hadn't noticed the absence of the other crew members. His mind was far too clouded with the thought of food, and of course Katsu.

A woman giggled as she placed a big pile of meat in front of the Captain. "You're very simple with your order, huh?" Her brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail and secured back with a blue bandana over her head. While she also wore a toga like Luffy, hers was rather dull in compassion, having a faint blue tint to the fabric.

Luffy shrugged with his mouth already full.

She leaned in curiously, "You're not from here, huh?"

This made the Captain blink before answering honestly. "No. I'm a pirate. We're here to get a friend back. How'd you guess?" Then his eyes went wide as he swallowed the food and gasped. "Are you psychotic?!"

The woman gasped at first, then narrowed her eyes. "Do you mean psychic?" When Luffy met her with a blank stare she sighed and shook her head. "I can tell because of your clothes. Only nobles have the money to have such rich colors on their clothing, and absolutely no noble would come to this district. This place manages to stay open because of travelers, pirates do tend to bring a decent income. We're considered the poorer of the poor."

Luffy wrinkled his nose, "You sound proud to be poor."

She shrugged, "Someone's gotta be poor. We have fun down here without all the guards." Then she paused to look at Luffy. Her eyes narrowing as she inspected the hat on his head. "You look familiar."

"Eh?" Luffy frowned, pausing his chewing. "I don't know you."

"Aelia, order's up!" An irritated voice called from the back, banging down on the wall.

The woman sighed, then offered one more smile towards Luffy, "Enjoy your food."

Luffy nodded and continued to eat without any interruption. Though he swore there was something that he was forgetting to do.

What was it?

Only after a moment of thinking hard Luffy shrugged and continued to eat. Thinking was hard, especially on an empty stomach.

...............................................................

Two figures walked down the streets, a heavy atmosphere of annoyance littered the air around them. The annoyance would only grow heavier when the swordsman would start to wonder and the chef would pull him back. However, their main distress was with their Captain, who had disappeared on them.

"That idiot." Sanji growled, "He's probably stuffing his face right now with no intention of trying to get any information."

"Pftt, the idiot got lost." Zoro couldn't stop the smirk that drew on his face. He was sure Katsu would love to hear about this later.

Sanji glared at Zoro with sharp teeth. "I don't want to hear about that from you!" Taking a deep breath, Sanji forced himself to relax. It became easy when he reminded himself as to why they were there. Katsu. She needed them right now.

However, it seemed that picturing Katsu wasn't the best thing to do. Hearts had replaced Sanji's eyes as he began cooing about 'Wife-Chan', followed by proclaiming he was going to save her. This only drew Zoro's attention to Sanji with annoyance. He allowed his foot to slide out and trip the swooning chef.