Chapter 110: Sibling Chat

I do not own One Piece

Trigger Warning!
Family Abuse, Mental Abuse, Starvation, Physical Abuse
............................................

The royal family was nothing but a bunch of abusive liars.

Sato and I were placed in a cell. However, they were not together. We weren't even close enough to see each other. Not that it would be possible for Sato, given how dark it is down here. The experiments that took place on me helped me to be able to see in the dark. Only when a guard passed by with a light was the dungeon lit up for a few moments.

I didn't think I'd actually be happy to have something from the experiments, but this at least helps distract me from reliving that trauma.

I'm surprised Sato hasn't gone insane yet.

Starving, no communication, daily beatings, and complete darkness. The more these thoughts remind me of our current situation, the more I'm angered. My brother doesn't deserve this.

"Mitsu, can you hear me?"

That was the only good thing. We were close enough to talk to each other. Only when we were alone though. The guards didn't like us talking.

"Yeah." I answered, moving to sit down by the bars.

"Careful!" Sato  urged, making me paused. "Don't let your clothing touch the ground, and don't scoot if you are on the ground. You'll get your clothes dirty, and then you'll get punished."

I winced at the thought, remembering that as one of the rules. "This sucks." I sighed, bunching up the fine silk before allowing myself to sit down on my legs and ensuring none of the cloth touched the ground. "We find out we're royals, but instead of being pampered we're being tortured."

"Pampering is for the weak." Sato answered dully. "They seem to think beating your children, starving them, and isolating them makes them stronger. That's what our father told me anyway."

There are moments when I begin to forget that Sato knows our father. Apparently that secrecy didn't stop them from finding me.

"How did you get caught? And why did they cut your hair?" I moved to lean against the bars but paused a moment before doing it anyway. Hopefully if I have a dirt spot on my face they won't yell at me for it.

"I was meeting up with Makoto. We- He found a lead on his parents and I wanted to help him." Sato answered. "Did you contact him by any chance?"

I frowned, shaking my head though he couldn't see me. "You didn't call me to tell me anything. Also, aren't his parents dead?"

"I did call you!" Sato responded immediately, "Some guy answered though, but he said you would get the message. Nobody on your crew told you?"

My frown deepened as I thought back to my crew. "No, but there has been a lot going on." I wasn't going to tell him of the doctor, or what we were in the middle of doing. Not right now. "Makoto's parents are alive?"

"Yeah. They refused an order from the government. A big one apparently, and it seems that it may have resulted in them being locked up in Impel Down. To keep it a secret they said that pirates killed them."

"Damn." I whispered.

The governemnt had taken his parents away from him. His marine parents that only wanted to do good. The marines, that he had looked up to when we were children, were the reason he grew up without his parents. Then they blamed pirates.

"Anyway, one of the members of the Kobayashi family caught me." He sighed and I heard a small shuffle as he adjusted himself. "I was hoping maybe you had contacted Makoto, since he would have been my best bet on getting out, but its okay."