Chapter 58: My Captain Tries to Tame the Kracken

I don't own One Piece.

........................................

I missed this.

My loud crew. Usopp and Chopper crying in fear of our Captains actions. My Captain making stupid and rash decisions.

It appears Luffy's decision making is the same. However the most unsettling part is that I'm not even unnerved by it anymore. That clearly can't be good.

"Let's tame that octopus and get it to pull our ship!" Luffy grinned.

"You're crazy!" Usopp and Chopper cried.

The sniper gripped Luffy's face and forced him to really look at the giant octopus. Tears and snot dripping from his terrified face. "Take a good look! But you don't even need a good look! It's gigantic!"

"It must be hundreds of years old! The Kraken is a monster that appears in countless legends!" Chopper cried.

I looked up from my sketchbook and poked my cheek with my pencil. "Actually, if Luffy could tame it, then that would be a great feat. Ohh, maybe we would become part of the legends, maybe as being more monstrous than the Kraken!"

Zoro looked at me, seeing as I was now grinning at the thought. "Don't encourage him." I responded by blowing a raspberry to the swordsman.

"Katsu! Your drawing have gotten super better!" Franky grinned looking over my shoulder at my sketch book. Then he looked at Robin, who also was sketching beside me because she thought it would be fun. "Hey, that's pretty good too."

Robin smiled, "You don't get to see this everyday, though Katsu's is better. Which is to be expected from a famous artist."

"You're sketching it?! Isn't there something else you should be doing right now?!" Chopper demanded, looking between Robin and I.

I blinked at the doctor. "What do you think I'm here for?"

Zoro snorted before looking towards Luffy. "You two sketch all you want. Do you have a plan, Luffy?"

I grinned, stepping onto the railing before crossing my legs and sitting down. Placing my sketchbook on my lap I continued to draw. Whatever Luffy did, I would have a front row seat.

"The trouble is, we're in the middle of the ocean." Luffy answered, resting his hand on his chin in thought. Usopp quickly rushed over to start mumbling to Luffy, likely trying to convince him to turn around.

"Turn the wheel and head south!" Nami ordered.

I glanced at the navigator and pouted, puffing my cheeks out. Luffy taming the Kracken sounded fun.

"Hey, Nami!" Luffy yelled, glaring at the navigator. "Head for that octopus!"

"Don't be stupid!" Nami argued, "Can't you see all the wrecked ships it's holding? You want to end up like that?"

I blinked, tapping my cheek in thought. Wasn't there a way for us to fight it without getting the ship near it?

"Yeah, Nami. I'm with-" SPLURT, I blinked as blood started to squirt out of Sanji's nose before he stopped it. "you!"

"He held it in! Good job, Sanji!" Usopp praised.

My ear twitched, drawing my attention to the sound. Upon looking I could see a ship approaching us. Holding up a hand I pointed towards the ship. "Ah, something's coming."

Usopp snapped his attention to the direction behind us, his eyes bugging out. "It's the ship from earlier!"

A smile tugged at my lips. Apparently I had missed Usopp's reactions as well.