Chapter 114: A Familiar Face

I do not own One Piece

Trigger Warning!
Family Abuse, Mental Abuse, Starvation, Physical Abuse
...................................................

The air was knocked out of me as I doubled over. My ribs aches and instantly I felt like throwing up everything I had been allowed to eat today. Another  blow to my stomach resulted in just that.

"Careful of the face, Tatsu." My ever loving grandfather ordered from the side. "Her face is already ugly enough. We wouldn't want to make it worse, Ayami is working double time trying to find someone willing to take that."

Tatso sent a had kick to my side which sent me flying across the throne room. "Of course, your majesty."

I panted, wincing as each breath drew pain. I bit my lip to keep from saying anything. I should have known when I spoke out against Ayami that it would result in a punishment. Even if she didn't deliver it herself.

To make it even worse, I wasn't allowed to fight back. They had something to hold over me. Not simply just Sato's safety, but now also his freedom if I was good. Assuming they accepted that offer.

A growl escaped my teeth as my hair was pulled roughly. Tatsu stood over me sneering down at me with nothing but malice. She pulled me up by my hair, then punched me once more in the stomach, then again.

"She got vomit on her clothes." Italus sighed in annoyance. "No food for tomorrow, she can't keep it down anyway."

I managed to stop myself from glaring. I need to act good. For Sato's freedom.

"Excuse me, your majesty." Tatsu sent another punch before dropping me to look towards the door at the servant.

Italus turned towards the door, his face only seeming stern. "Yes?"

The small woman bowed in apology. "Excuse me for the interruption. Princess Ayami sent for a guard for Princess Mitsu. I wanted to inform you that he is here."

"Thank you, let them in. And send for someone to clean this mess." Italus stated, waving his hand towards me. "Mitsu couldn't keep down her food it seems."

I wanted nothing more than to punch him. Perhaps punch him enough for him to vomit his food up.

Hearing footsteps, I turned to look towards the tall dark haired figure approaching and I felt myself freeze. A chill went up my spine as I made eye contact with the man. It simply couldn't be true. He couldn't have been part of this family.

"Hello, I'm Haisi Kobayashi." The same squeaky voice as before confirmed his identity. This time I kept from laughing. "Princess Ayami assigned me to be the personal guard of Princess Mitsu until another Kobayashi is free."

The pain covering my body was already numb, perhaps not just because of the experiments this time. They had known for for awhile now. They had known where I had been.

"Very well. Bring her back to her room. No food is permitted the rest of today or tomorrow." Italus waved his hand before looking towards Tatsu.

Tatsu bowed, "Yes, your majesty."

Haishi pulled me up by my arm, but all I could do was glare at him. He avoided my gaze and lead me out of the throne room. Two additional guards flanked s as we walked down the halls.

"You bastard." I muttered, keeping my voice low enough so only Haishi could hear me. "Did Kenji mean nothing to you? You just played with his heart?"

His grip on my arm tightened. "Please. He was just the perfect cover."

My glare returned once more and a sneer drew on my face. "Did you lie about being gay too then? For the perfect cover?"

"I'm bi." He answered, "But be quiet. They don't know what extent I went to find you. You've been hard to locate."

I ripped my arm out of his grip, but kept walking. My body was completely numb now, so at least the pains were gone and I could walk without anymore annoying pain covering me.

"Just wait. You're on my list now." I hissed, clenching my fist. "You don't get to play with people's emotions like that. Especially Kenji."

Haishi glanced at the guards behind us before looking back at me. "Keep your voice down."

I rolled my eyes, "Says the squeaky bastard. I should have known you were rotten to the core. I'll be the first to kick you ass as soon as its possible." Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself down. "Did you at least let him down easy?"

"No." Haishi answered. "He proposed to me in front of the whole island, but I had been called back because you were gone. So, I told him he was too ugly for someone like myself and rejected him. It's about time someone told him the truth."

I clenched my fist, seeing the stairs coming to an end. My room would be coming up soon. He had to know that by telling me this I would want to beat him more.

"He was heartbroken." Haishi shrugged. "Then Arisu managed to meet me before I left. She did give me a good punch before she sent me on my way."

I hoped she had done more to him, but she likely didn't know how much of scum he is.

"I was called back just before they managed to get Sato. As a reward for finding the next heir I've moved up in my family. Which is why I'm even allowed to guard you now." Haishi said, glancing at me. "So thank you, Mitsu."

I couldn't wait to punch out his perfect teeth. Then I'll drop a building on him. Then light it on fire. Then stomp on the ashes.

"You can address me as Princess Mitsu then." I managed to growl, watching as he opened my door with a smirk.

"Of course, Princess Mitsu." He bowed as I shoved past him. "I'll be right out here if you need me."

"Shut it, squeak toy." I deadpanned, slamming the door in his face.

Top of my shit list is Italus, followed by Tatsu. Haishi is third. Then Ayami, though she does leave me with some confusion. Fifth is Kitiara. The rest I'll figure out as the week progresses.

With anxious haste I ripped off the bronze sandals that were tied around my feet and ankles. Immediately I felt a calmness surge over me as soon as my feet touched the cool marble floor. Since my feet hadn't been injured it seems my feeling remained.

My next step was to throw off the purple fabric that draped over me, restricting my movement. Then I ripped off the fabric over my arm, revealing my tattoo. The bandages wrapped over my chest likely needed to be changed, as I was certain Tatsu's beating from earlier had opened the wounds on my back, but I would have to wait until later to change them.

Letting out a breath, I stood and let myself try to calm down. It would be nice if I had a window. And a desk. And my sketchbooks.

And my Nakama.

It would be better if I wasn't here.

"I am not disgusting." I muttered. "I am not shameful."

Why is it harder to say this now?

"I am not a failure. I am not ugly."

Was I?

"I am not a princess. I am not a royal." Not at heart.

"I am a pirate. I am beautiful."

At least I think I was.

"I am an Artist. I am a Straw Hat Pirate."

At least I was one.

"I..." A soft sigh escaped me as I crawled onto the bed and buried my face in the mattress. "Sato will be free soon."

.............................................

End of Chapter 114!

Katsu is going through it.... Also in case ya'll forget who exactly Haishi is you can reference Chapters 49 and 50.

This is not edited.