Chapter 11: I Fight For My Nakama!

I don't own One Piece

..........................................

Any swoon from the man was gone. The hearts in his eyes were replaced with a look of determination. Was it bad that I found myself excited to crush his determination? Preferably with my fist.

I pulled my knifes closer to me, I wanted to avoid making the first move. Not with this guy at least. He eyes my bandaged arm, where my brand was.

"I remember thinking you were injured," He mused. "Now I think there's something you don't want people seeing."

I rolled my eyes, brushing off the comment. "Like that matters." I smirked, "I see, you're stalling. Afraid I'll beat your ass again?"

His eye twitched in annoyance. Then he stomped his foot angrily and pointed at me. "Like I'd be afraid of you! You just joined a pirate crew, and you don't even have a bounty! You're fresh meat! Non-experienced!"

I tapped my chin, "Remind me again, how big is your bounty?"

He poked his chest out, apparently proud of however high it was. "It's 50 million beli. Captain's is 150 million beli."

The laugh escaped my lips before I could stop it. My hand quickly went to my mouth as I tried to contain my laughter, which almost brought tears to my eyes. Anger fumed in Daichi's face, apparently not pleased with my laughter.

Pretending to wipe a tear from my eye, I took a deep breath to calm down. "While I may not have a bounty, my whole crew does. You're small fry to them."

His eyes narrowed, "Really now?"

"Out of the pirates I've seen, they're the most promising. Which is why I joined them." I smiled proudly. "Now, even without a bounty, I'm going to stand and fight. Because, I fight for my nakama. And I have a crew name to uphold." I pointed one of my knives at him. "You're about to be beat by a Strawhat."

Seeing as Daichi wasn't going to move, I attacked first. My lack of patience wasn't the best in fights. Controlling the air, I send out two knives. The blades rode the air current smoothly, aimed for his stomach.

Just before it could hit him, Daichi grabbed the blades. I blinked, waiting for blood to fall to the floor. However, it appeared Daichi had managed to grab the blades without cutting himself.

"Whoa," I whispered, quickly catching myself before I could compliment him. That would do me no good in a fight.

He smirked at me, "There's something I learned in our last fight, Miss Devil Fruit user. While you tried to hide it, you're able to control the air. Which explained why none of my knives would hit you."

For the second time today, I rolled my eyes. "Well, aren't you observant. Maybe you're smarter than I thought?"

From the corner of my eye, I saw slight movement from a certain navigator. I kept my eyes on Daichi, Nami was starting to wake up. Perhaps the cat burglar could escape with a little distraction.

Daichi ignored my comment. "I noticed how you avoid close contact." His smirk grew, as if he had figured out my weakness.

I remember why I had avoided a close contact fight.From a earlier sword fight about a week or two earlier I was injured. Yumi, as motherly as ever, had put a temperately ban on close contact fighting. She would have banned it all together if it wasn't for Mamoru.

While I wanted to make some witty comment, I knew I could use this to my advantage. For a quick win. I would let him get a good swipe in, then surprise him and take him down. Only downside, I didn't actually bring a sword with me. Perhaps getting a cheap injury was a slight downside too? However, I did have my throwing knives and two daggers with me.