Chapter 3: Join My Crew!

I do not own One Piece

Katsu's POV
...........................................

Much to my relief, I made it to the docks without having to ask for help. Perhaps it was the arrows I had engraved in the passing by houses that finally helped me. Either that, or today happened to be my lucky day. I almost snorted at the idea of me having luck, like that actually happened.

The wind picked up as soon as my feet met the dock, the wood damp was worn from the sea and passing pirates. I glanced at the ships, just making sure no marines had docked quite yet. My eyes lingered on a fairly large ship decorated with a large lion head. I smirked at that, whoever made that ship did a nice job. Each pirate had their Jolly Roger proudly flying, which would alert the marines of the large amount of pirates we had docked here. Looking over the ships, I could let myself be glad that they had yet to dock. We still had time on our hands.

Walking to the end of the dock, I didn't have to squint to see the marine ships. They were close now, I'd say about twenty minutes from being able to dock or so.

A loud crack echoed in the air, one that I realized was a cannon fire. My eyes widened as it was send towards the ship I had appreciated earlier. Before I could react, a large being diverted the canon ball.

"SSUUPERR!" He shouted, pressing his forearmed together while leaning to the side. I blinked at the fairly large man, having not even noticed he had walked over to me. He sighed with a grin in place, "That was close, it almost hit the Sunny."

I couldn't help but stare at him. He had an odd sense of style, having chosen to wear speedos and an open shirt. Though, like me, he abandoned the thought of wearing shoes. His blue hair was styled to stick up, as if defying gravity. Perhaps he used a lot of hair gel to keep it that way.

"You...." I muttered, gaining his attention.

He blinked, looking down at me. "Hmm?"

"You look funny." I said, "Why would someone chose to wear so little clothing?" I muttered.

He squinted his eyes at me, "Eh?"

Shaking my head I offered a smile, "Well, anyway. The name's Katsu, thanks for taking care of the first cannon ball." I readied myself, looking back at the marine ships. " Now, would you do me a favor and step back a little? I know the marines will begin firing soon, and I'm going to need a running start."

He looked puzzled, but listened and stepped back. "Okay..."

I stepped back, hopping in place a little to get myself ready. "Oh! And, if you don't mind, if I fall in the water, I'll need you to get me out. Thanks." I wasn't allowed to talk any further as a crack met the air. Turning on the balls of my feet, I took a running start for the water.

Focusing on the air molecules, I jumped in the air, letting my feet meet air and jumped again. Feeling it stabilize I began running, though I was no longer touching the ground. Rather I had focused the molecules to push together enough to form a little walkway for me, which I was running on.

Seeing the canon ball closer, I stuck my arms out in front of me. Grasping the air I twisted my body around in a circle, seeming to turn the canon ball in the other direction. Now, it was heading straight back at the marines.

Before I could lose concentration, I jumped back for the docks. My body free fell for only a moment then my feet were welcomed by the damn wood of the docks. Steadying myself, I shook my hair out of my face.