Chapter 125: Lone Star Sato

I do not own One Piece

...............................................................

  The crowd's demand for blood had silenced as soon as Katsu had stabbed herself. Their confusion quickly shifted when they all realized the pirates were beginning to attack. Panic filled their eyes as they all rushed to leave the coliseum.

"The Straw Hat Pirates are attacking!" Their King yelled to them, standing up from his seat. "Run! My guards and I will take care of the rest!"

The nobles cried in appreciation to their brave monarch. They held onto their children as guards ushered them out. Only a few remained seated.

Three individuals, all seated together. Their eyes widened from shock. They didn't know what they had just witnessed. However, they now understood that the royal family wasn't as kind as they all thought them to be.

"You should leave."

They turned to the man that spoke. A yellow toga cloaked him, but it did little to hide the cluster of tattoos on his body. Rather it seemed to help the ink stand out even more. Though, they were certain that the big round spotted hat on his head stood out far more than the rest of him.

He didn't belong here.

"Room." He muttered, holding his hand out. "Go tell the people what you saw. Shambles."

Then, the three people were gone.

Law glared down at the figures beginning to crowd at arena stage. He always knew Katsu to be reckless. She was easy to pick a fight with for that specific reason. Be that as it may, she had never been one to willingly throw away her life.

There was only one reason he could find as to why she made such a decision that equaled her life. His gaze landed on the Straw Hat and he sighed.

She was going to kill herself in hopes of her crew being saved. The royal family would have no need for them if she was dead. At the very least, he assumed she was aiming to kill herself. The location of her wound did make him reconsider why she would aim specifically towards the location of her left ovarie if she was aiming to mainly kill herself, as he was sure she would have enough knowledge to aim for a faster kill.

From the distance he couldn't strongly determine how much she had wounded herself. Even until she was in the operating room he wasn't sure was fully she had damaged considering how her body had been rearranged from the scientist on the ship. Law was sure, however, that she was going to be needing a doctor soon.

"When did you become so loyal, Katsu-ya?" Law mused, standing up as he felt more guards approaching. "It seems I missed out on quite the loyal, but troublesome, crew mate."

He wondered if her brother wanted to join a crew. It could be more of a reason for them to visit, which would be more enjoyable when Zoro would show his clear distaste for Law. Rather, Law wondered if the twin could be a good wingman.

Another sigh escaped him when hands sprouted on all of the guards and bent them backwards. Groans and cries of pain filled the exit tunnel. Law looked up the stairs to see a smirking Robin.

"I've got this side covered." She stated, "If you would like to be useful, that side remains open."

He grumbled, taking off towards the other side of the arena.

Why did he agree to work with the Straw Hat's again?

...........................................................................

With his twin just now being taken away to safety, relief filled him. Sato panted as he shoved down another guard. His vision blurred for a moment, only causing him to stumble. When an arm reached out to steady him, he took another breath and stood up.