Chapter 93: Warm Memories

I do not own One Piece

............................................................
The hard part is over, so no trigger warning for this chapter guys! Also... just saying, but there are some big time hints in the chapter.
............................................................
   3RD POV
.........................................................

She opened her eyes slowly, blinking them to adjust to the lighting. It didn't appear overly bright, but the source of light appeared to be directly over her which sent a dull throb through her skull. The first sight that greeted her once her eyes adjusted were a set of glowing emerald eyes. The man smiled at her softly, which she answered by looking around.

"Hey, kid." Her eyes snapped back to the man. His voice, thought quite deep with a small gruff to it, gave a soothing effect. "I'm Taro Kiyomizu, what's your name?"

Taro was trying his hardest to appear the least threatening to the small child in front of him. He wasn't sure if it was because it was a small child that still looked quite hurt, and from his doctor's comments, had gone through a lot. Or if it was the fact that the child sitting in  front of him with crimson red hair, which was choppy looking currently as if parts had been cut off for whatever reason, and blue eyes looked similar to the love of his life. Either way, he wanted to make sure to be as comforting as possible.

She stared at him, her eyebrows pulling together as her mind came up blank. However, she appeared to remember how to speak as her mouth formed a word. "I..." Her voice was small and raspy. "I don't know...."

Taro blinked in confusion before his eyes widened in realization. "Do you remember anything?"

She sat there for a moment before her eyes widened and her heart began to speed up while she shook her head. Nothing. Everything was blank. It was numbing. "I... I don't remember."

Seeing the child began to clutch at her chest, he reached his hand out and placed it on her head giving her soft taps. When she looked towards him, he offered a small smile again. "That's okay, I forget things too. If you want, how about I just give you a name then? Until you can remember your real name."

Immediately her eyes widened and her panic appeared washed away, "You can do that?"

He laughed in response to her awed inspired question, and she decided she liked the sound of the man's laugh. "Yeah! Are you okay with that?" When she nodded, Taro smiled down at her. "I think the perfect name for you is Katsu.-"

"You're naming her after pork..." The child looked towards the woman that spoke before looking back towards Taro who looked insulted.

"I would never! It has a different meaning." He pouted before glancing back at the child. "Is Katsu okay with you?"

A small smile crossed her face. Even if she was named after food she didn't care. She nodded silently as her answer.

Taro laughed softly this time, "So, what's your name?"

"K-Katsu." She answered quietly. "It's nice to meet you, Katsu. Would you like to meet my pirate crew?" The word pirate sparked something familiar, but she just couldn't place it.

.............................................................

From what Katsu has seen, Kimiko reeks of confidence, which she rightfully should. She wasn't a particularly tall woman, standing about average height. Her hair was a long dark violet which looked black until light shined on it. Kimiko's clothing choice was fairly simple, black pants with a long leather red coat and a black bra all completed with a pair of black boots. Though her body appeared to be riddled with scars, she paid no mind to them, of course the six pack helped draw the attention away from the scars on her body.