Entry 933: Wednesday 17th April 2019

Entry 933
Wednesday 17th April 2019

I'm back on the island and I'm in quarantine.

It's so good to be out of that gold thong! I'm currently mooching around a cold, clinical sterile environment wearing a white gown. I usually hate being here but it's preferable to being locked in that Egyptian police cell with Tara, with nothing to eat or drink. I've already had a meal and I feel so relieved to be back on the island.

I've seen Sci-Fi Cyn. She came into the quarantined room where I was being held, wearing a big white hazmat suit. She took some of my blood and did some tests on me. She told me it was good to see me and that we'd catch up properly when I was out of quarantine and when she wasn't wearing a huge hazmat outfit. It was good to see her – even though she was wearing a huge scientific protective suit. She did manage to tell me that Naomi was out of hospital and that she was OK. I asked her if Kyle and Leo were OK and she said that they were absolutely fine and that Mum, Ash and Roz were looking after them. She told me Kyle had been quiet and that he'd kept himself to himself. I suppose it's going to be an awkward reunion. God knows what we're going to say to each other. Sci-Fi Cyn told me that the island has changed and that I would have a lot of things to get used to. I asked her what she meant but she was called away by some GRID goon so she couldn't elaborate.

In the afternoon Blade came to see me. He was also wearing a large scientific hazmat suit, but I could see that he still had bruises on his face from his confrontation with Tara. I asked him if he was OK. He didn't want to talk about how Tara knocked him about. I got a feeling that he was rather embarrassed. As expected, he fired lots of questions at me; where did I go? What did I do? What did Tara do? Where's the virus? He was sat in the sterile room with me for about three hours. I told him everything; the truth – all about me, Trudy and Richard getting on the plane, all about Xanthes and the pyramid, all about Gemma and Biggs flying off in the GRID jet with the virus and a billion quid, all about discovering how Trudy can make the heads of the infected explode, all about working with Tara to try and get back home, all about being locked in a police station, all about Madeline showing up – everything! Blade told me that he was glad the islanders never found out that it was Tara, not GRID, who stopped the world being nuked and he told me that he'd assigned GRID soldiers to the shore line of the island in case Tara comes back. "Do you think she will come back?" I asked Blade. "I think she'll try," said Blade, "Or I think she'll send someone, especially as Harold probably has other copies of the virus on the island, but don't worry Luke. We'll be a lot more prepared this time." I told Blade that Sci-Fi Cyn had told me that the island had changed, and I asked him if he knew what she was on about. "The island has changed, Luke," said Blade, "It's not the same island that you left behind." "What do you mean?" I asked. "Natasha's won the election" said Blade, "Her proposals got support." "Jesus you're kidding," I said. "No," said Blade, "I wish I was. Out of everyone who voted it was a forty-sixty split in favour of Natasha's QCUC campaign."  "God," I said in disbelief. "We don't have any infected gathered and stored in quarantine yet," said Blade, "But it's what the majority of islanders wanted. Democracy has spoken." "God, I bet Natasha's been so smug," I said. "She's certainly had her moments," said Blade, "I'm not very happy but I need to give the people what they want. I guess we've all got to get used to a new way of living." "So, if someone gets infected, are we allowed to kill them or not?" I asked. "Well, I guess if your life depends on it then you can kill them if you need to," said Blade. "Of course, our life would bl**dy depend on it," I bluntly said, "We're talking about someone getting infected. Our lives will always depend on it." "Yeah, well we're still ironing out all the details," said Blade, "In the meantime, you need to hope that these test results Cyn has just done come back clear." "They will," I said, "What about Trudy and her test results? Have you found out what Endo did to her that causes infected's heads to blow up?" "Not yet," said Blade, "And to be honest I am not sure if we will but we will try. She may have to stay in quarantine a little longer than usual." "How much longer?" I asked. "I'm not sure," said Blade, "Perhaps a few days. Don't worry we'll look after her. You just focus on getting settled back in, sorting things out with your sons and keeping an eye on that Ash." "Ash?" I said. "Yes," said a firm Blade, "He was hiding a copy of the E-Virus all along." "Ash isn't in trouble is he"? I asked. "He was," said Blade, "In fact, when I found out he was hiding a copy of the virus he was in rather a lot of trouble. Anyway, I've questioned him and cleared him for now but I do not trust him, and if I find out he is hiding anything else for Endo, I will come down on him like a ton of bricks."

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Especially Leo. I don't know what it will be like when I see Kyle; probably really awkward. God knows what we'll say to each other. He ran me over and tried to kill me, but so much has happened since then it feels like it happened a life time ago. I'm so angry with Tara for lying to me and tricking me into thinking she had a dying sister. Maybe I should be angry at Tara for manipulating Kyle and convincing him into running me over, rather being angry at Kyle himself.

I suppose I need to see Harold too. I know the man's an evil manipulative control freak, but I can't help but feel bad for lying to him about Mia being alive.

I'm intrigued to what this "new island" has to offer and what I need to get used to, but more than anything I just want to check on Naomi, catch up with the others, sort things out with Kyle, see Leo and try to get back a sense of normality.