Entry 863: Wednesday 6th February 2019

Entry 863
Wednesday 6th February 2019

Roz and I went to see Sci-Fi Cyn today. Unfortunately, she was no help at all. It sounds like she's in the same boat as me and Roz.

We went around to Sci-Fi Cyn's, knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. The door was answered she was stood there wearing a Hello Kitty onesie. "Well, well, well," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "Wriggly Worm and Assertive Ant." "Hello Kitty?" I said. "Well hello yourself," said Sci-Fi Cyn. "No, I'm referring to your onesie," I said. "My Metal Gear Solid onesie is in the wash," said Sci-Fi Cyn. "Sorry, who's Assertive Ant?" asked Roz, "Is that your nickname for me?" "It is," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "Mamma Bear likes her code names." "We need to talk to you," I said, "Can we come in?" "You cannot," said Sci-Fi Cyn. A short silence followed. "Excuse me?" I said. "You cannot come in," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "This is my domain. My lair. No one is permitted entrance." "Cyn, we need to talk to you," I said. Sci-Fi Cyn stepped outside of her flat and closed the door. "Speak," she said. "We'll cut to the chase," said Roz, "Kyle is in prison. We want to see him – in fact we want him out of there. Blade said he'd take us to see him but when we turned up the other day he'd forgotten, said he was too busy and couldn't take us." "He said if we came back the day after he'd take us," I said, "So that's what we did, but since then we haven't seen him and based on how GRID soldiers have been acting towards us, we think he's avoiding us." "It's like he doesn't want us to see Kyle," I said. "I see," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "And presumably you want my help because I am affiliated with GRID." "Yeah," I said. "Well I'm sorry but I can't help," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "I haven't seen Jon in a while." "Oh, for God's sake!" I stressfully exclaimed, "We just want to see Kyle! We're both worrying about him. I'm starting to think he might die in that place and that scares me to death." "Fear of death is not illogical," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "Fear of death actually keeps us alive. Star Trek Beyond, 2016." "Look, can you help or not?" asked Roz. "How can I help?" asked Sci-Fi Cyn, "Like I say, I haven't seen Jon in a while. If I do see him, I can have a chat with him, but after listening to you two I am wondering if he's also avoiding me." "Why would he avoid you?" I asked. "Because he knows I am close to you," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "And if he is avoiding you, it makes sense for him to avoid me." "So, what do we do now?" I said. "Well I will ask some of my contacts if they know Jon's whereabouts," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "Although based on what you've said they might not tell me the truth, even if they know it, which of course they might not. I think you do need to do something though. As Luke Skywalker said; I have a very bad feeling about this. Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, 1977."

Roz and I left feeling rather disheartened and feeling like we were losing hope. As we left. I saw some more #JFEJ graffiti on the wall opposite Sci-Fi Cyn's flat. God knows who is spray-painting all this sh*t all over the place and God knows what it means, but the idiots that are doing aren't achieving anything apart from mindless vandalism.

If Roz and I don't get to see Blade tomorrow I think we're going to end up trying to break into his flat and just waiting for him there. It's not something I want to do, I'm tempted to leave a note for Blade first and post it under his door, but at this point we are running out of options and the longer this goes on the more desperate Roz and I are to see Kyle...