Entry 900: Friday 15th March 2019

Entry 900
Friday 15th March 2019

The sh*t has well and truly hit the fan!

The day started when Mike and I were walking towards the community centre and we bumped into Roz. "Alright?" I said to her. "Not really," said Roz, "I didn't sleep much. I don't like keeping secrets from the people I live with." "Oooow, what secrets have you got?" asked Mike. Roz frowned at Mike. "The infected in the toilet," Roz said bluntly. "You've got an infected in your toilet too? That's weird considering we've got one in the disabled toilet at the community centre." "Mike, that's the one Roz is talking about," I said. "I know I'm not lying to Kyle, Lynn, Richard and Ash," said Roz, "But I don't like keeping secrets." "Funny," I said, "You were shacked up with my wife for at least fifteen years and you didn't mind her keeping secrets from me." "Oh, Luke, don't start," said Roz, "I'm really not in the mood."

As the three of us approached the community we noticed Naomi pulling up in her car and Blade and Sci-Fi Cyn also arriving at the same time. We exchanged good mornings, Naomi got out of her car and the six of us approached the entrance to the community centre. "Wait," said Blade in a firm tone as he stretched his arms out and stopped us all from moving forward. "What's up?" asked Naomi. We all followed Blade's line of sight and notice that the main doors to the community centre were damaged. Glass was smashed, wood was splintered and it looked like someone had bashed the doors in with something rather heavy. "Jesus, someone's broken in," said Roz. "What about the infected man in the toilet!" gasped Sci-Fi Cyn. We all quickly took a step forward but Blade again stood in our way. "No," he firmly said, removing his hand gun from his holster, "Wait here. We've got no idea what's in there, and if that infected has got loose then we're all in danger." "You know what?" said Naomi, producing a short sharp knife from her back pocket, "I think we can look after ourselves." "Yeah, come on, Jon," said Roz, producing a similarly sized sharp knife from her back pocket, "We've dealt with infected before. That's why you've made us part of this campaign." "OK," said a reluctant Blade, "But follow me. I'm in charge, take my lead and you all do what I say. If the infected is still there then we've got nothing to worry about, but if he's not there we need to find him quickly. If he's not in the toilet but we find him in the building, try not to kill him. Remember, we need him for the Q&A debate.

Armed with his handgun and a seriously focused look on his face, Blade slowly crept past the broken glass and damaged door and entered the community centre. We all cautiously followed as we adopted defensive positions. As we slowly walked further into the building, we became very aware of the increasingly eerie feeling that was in the air. I'm not sure if it was because of how deathly quiet it was inside the community centre or if it was because of how anxious we all felt. Our attention was quickly drawn towards the disabled toilet. I gasped and felt a shiver run down my spine. The door to the disabled toilet was wide open and the infected wasn't there. "Oh sh*t!" I said. Naomi quickly ran over to the pool table, picked up a snooker cue and started banging it fast and hard against of the snooker table's legs, making a loud sound that echoed throughout the community centre. She then stopped. We all froze, remained silent and listened quietly as we paid particular attention to the doors and entrances around the main community centre area to see if the noise of the snooker cue banging against the table leg had attracted the attention of the infected. Nothing happened. "He's not here," said Naomi. "Or maybe he is and he's dead, or he's stuck somewhere," I said. "I'll quickly check all the rooms," said Blade, "You lot stay here. Don't move." Armed with his handgun Blade went running off into the community centre leaving us lot to wonder what the Hell was going on.

I walked over to the disabled toilet and inspected the chain that was previously shackled around the infected man's neck. The screws that secured the opposite end of the chain to the toilet wall had been unscrewed and the part that was shackled around the infected man's neck had been discarded on the door. "Someone's unscrewed the screws from the wall," I said, "Someone actually broke in here, loosened these screws and set the infected free." "Why would anyone want to do that?" said Roz. "Let's just calm down," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "We need to establish the facts." "Natasha!" Naomi loudly exclaimed, "It must have been her." "Breaking in somewhere?" I said, "That doesn't sound like Natasha's style." "She didn't seem to have a problem graffitiing all over the island," said Roz, "Maybe this is the next step up?" "But she didn't even know we had an infected in here," I said, "No one did. Unless someone's told her?" "Maybe she was spying on us?" said Naomi, "She told Mike the other day that she had her spies. Maybe she saw Blade and his team come back here with the infected." "I think Naomi might have a point," said Roz, "Natasha thinks infected are people. She cares about them. If she found out we were hiding an infected, I wouldn't put it past her to break in here, release the infected and take him to some safe place thinking that she's rescuing him like some deluded Robin Hood." "We're jumping to conclusions," said Sci-Fi Cyn, "We don't know what's happened." "We know someone broke in here," I said, "And we know that someone's unscrewed the chain and let the infected free. What we don't know is where the infected is."