Entry 950: Saturday 4th May 2019

Entry 950
Saturday 4th May 2019

Another quiet day.

Me and Mum took Leo for a walk along the beach. We bumped into Sci-Fi Cyn and she said that she'd had a word with Blade, and that he told her I'd made a good point about needing to know exactly how to secure and quarantined infected.  I KNOW I'm making sense, but I'm surprised to hear that Blade agrees. Sci-Fi Cyn said Blade are going to come up with some sort of classes where we are all taught how to secure and quarantine a newly infected person. Should be interesting. I mean, it all makes perfect sense, but it will be interesting to see how people respond to this.

I went round to see Naomi today. Ash wasn't in, so there wasn't an awkward atmosphere to endure. Whilst Sophie was playing on the rug, Naomi and I had a chat over a cuppa. "Ash misses you," she said. "Does he?" I said, "Well, maybe he can come and say sorry to me and we could go from there." "Maybe you could say sorry to each other?" said Naomi. "I'm not saying sorry first," I said "This all sounds very familiar," said Naomi. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You didn't want to be the first one to say sorry to Kyle," said Naomi, "And look how that worked out." "Naomi, I'm not apologising for giving a couple of paedos who abused my son exactly what they deserve. Maybe if Ash had kids he'd know how I felt." "Anyway," said Naomi, "How did your date go?" "Well," I said, "My date drowned in the soup." Naomi giggled and I gave her a blunt look. "You are joking, aren't you?" she said. "No," I replied, "Remember Blade's announcement yesterday about the two infected that have been taken to The Hive?" "Yeah..." said Naomi. "One of those people was the woman who was my date," I said. "You were there when it all kicked off?" gasped Naomi. "Yeah," I said, "TJ was too. My date Marie had a heart attack, fell face down into the soup, got infected, bit the waiter and carnage followed." "But you and TJ are both OK?" said Naomi. "Yeah," I said, "We shoved the infected in the toilets and then GRID turned up and dealt with them." "Hang on," said Naomi, sounding serious, "It was you and TJ that put the two infected in quarantine?" "Yeah..." I said. "Jesus, Luke," said Naomi, "Why did you do that? After what we said the other day about The Hive being stupid? Why didn't you just kill them." "Well TJ wanted to," I said, "He had a steak knife all ready." "And you stopped him?" said Naomi. "Yeah," I said, "I know you don't like it, but we WERE able to get the infected out of the way. We were able to quarantine them until Blade and his guys arrived." "Bl**dy Hell Luke," said Naomi, "Out of all the people who were going to give The Hive it's first infected, I didn't think it would be you." I know," I said, "I think Blade was surprised too. When I told him how we'd quarantined the two infected he looked a bit shocked. I've spoken to Sci-Fi Cyn. Blade's going to come up with some sort of classes where we can all be taught how to quarantine infected." "Jesus, Luke," exclaimed Naomi, "What are you doing? First of all, you secure two infected rather than kill them, and then you speak to Cyn and get her to get Blade to come up with some sort of quarantine training class. I thought you were against The Hive." "I am," I said. "Well, it doesn't sound like it," said Naomi, "It sounds like you're all for it." "I'm really not," I said, "If I had no option but to kill those infected, then I would have killed them." "Option?" said Naomi, "What are you talking about?" "I could just see that it was possible to secure the infected rather than kill them," I said. "So!?" snapped Naomi, "Just because you CAN secure them doesn't mean you SHOULD. Come on, Luke." "Naomi," I said, "I wanted to kill those infected. I really did. Chucking them in the loo rather than stabbing them in the head felt weird, but do you know what? After everything that happened in Egypt with Tara, and after everything that happened in Southampton with Kyle, I just want a quiet life." "Well, you're not going to get a quiet life with an area of the island full of infected," said Naomi. "There's only two," I said. "Yeah, for now," said Naomi, "No one from GRID has said what the consequences of killing infected would be, and I think that's because they know that we are still going to kill infected." "Maybe," I said, "I suppose that would make sense based on Blade's response. Naomi, I'm not waving the flag saying infected have rights. I just don't want to do anything to p*ss off Blade. Like I said, I just want a quiet life." Naomi and I changed the subject and she asked me if I would end up meeting up with Nikki – who was supposed to be my actual date. "God, no," I said, "She's a stuck-up b*tch. Doubt I'll see her again."

Bedtime soon. I'm glad me and Naomi had a chat about me quarantining the two infected without us falling out. Let's just see what these 'How-to-secure/quarantine-infected' classes look like...