Entry 939: Tuesday 23rd April 2019

Entry 939
Tuesday 23rd April 2019

I'm livid! F*cking livid!

I've spent the whole day stressing about Kyle and trying to get hold of Blade on the radio to get an update. Nothing. This was the first thing that p*ssed me off. I thought Blade was ignoring me so I decided to go over to his flat and have it out with him. Three times I went over and banged on his front door. Three times, and each time I got no answer. This just made me feel even more p*ssed off.

About an hour ago after my third unsuccessful visit to Blade's, I was walking through Cowes making my way back home, when, to my surprise, I saw Blade coming out of Sainsbury's with a carrier bag and a stressed look on his face. The old bruises on his face from his confrontation with Tara are starting to fade, but they just made him look even more stressed and exhausted. I briefly felt sorry for him but sympathy didn't last long. "Oi Blade!" I loudly shouted at him across the pedestrianised street as I stormed up to him, "Where the Hell have you been!? I've been trying to get hold of you all day." "Luke," said a tired Blade, "Can we please do this later. It's been a long day. I'm very tired and I need something to eat." "I've been trying to radio you all day," I snapped, "I've even been round to your flat. I just want to know what you've done about Kyle?"

At that point Natasha appeared. She exited Sainsbury's and stood next to Blade. "They've run out of wine," said Natasha, looking down at a carrier bag she was holding in her arms, "So I got us both a couple of beers each." Natasha then noticed me. "Oh, hi Luke," she said, "I heard you were back. You've been through the mill a bit, haven't you? How you doing?" I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Shock appeared on my face and my anger increased. "What the Hell's going on here?" I said in dismay. "Just a couple of beers and a few snacks," said Natasha, "Me and Jon have got a lot to talk about." "Hang on," I said, shaking my head in disbelief and trying to keep a lid on my increasing anger, "Sorry. Let me get this right. I've been trying to get hold of you all day, I've been radioing you and going round to your flat, and after a day of you ignoring me, I now find out you're planning a cosy evening in with this b*tch." "Hang on Luke," said Natasha, "There's no need for that." "Oh, you can f*ck off," I snapped at Natasha. "Luke," said Blade, "Me and Natasha have still got a lot to talk about regarding the new QCUC policies." "F*ck the QCUC policies," I snapped, "They're not important right now. We don't even have any infected on the island right now. My son is out there on the mainland, on his own, RIGHT NOW, and all you're doing is preparing for a night in with a couple of beers with this tw*t." "Luke, I won't keep putting up with these insults," said Natasha. "Jon," I said, ignoring Natasha, "Just tell me how many people you've sent out looking for him." Blade lowered his head. He adopted an awkward expression that suggested he wasn't sure what to say. It suddenly dawned on me why he looked so uncertain. "Jesus," I gasped, "You haven't sent anyone out there, have you?" "Look, Luke," said Blade, sounding exhausted, "I..." "Oh my God!" I exclaimed, "You haven't, have you?" "Luke, I'll look into it," said Blade. "You said you'd do that yesterday," I snapped, "Jesus Jon. It's been 48 hours and you've done f*ck all. You said you'd do something." "I said I'd LOOK into doing something," said Blade. "And you haven't!" I loudly exclaimed, "You've been too busy cosying up to this f*cker." "Luke, Kyle is not a child," said a Blade. "He's 15!" I loudly snapped, "A child is exactly what he is." "Luke's it's not like he's eight," said Blade, "Plus he's survived on his own on the mainland before." "So?" I said, "He shouldn't have to." "Luke, he left the island of his own free will," said Natasha. "You can shut up," I snapped, "This has bugger all to do with you." "Luke, I will look into it," said Blade. "When?" I snapped, "And what exactly does that mean? You'll look into it? I want you to send some soldiers over there to look for Kyle." "I'll see what I can do," said Blade. "You'll see what you can do!?" I loudly snapped, "You know what? I don't believe you. In fact, I don't think you're taking this seriously at all." "Luke, Jon has been very busy," said Natasha, "He's got responsibilities. The QCUC policies are important. He can't just drop everything because some teenage delinquent goes off the rails." "This is all your f*cking fault!" I snapped at Natasha, "If you hadn't started all this QCUC cr*p, he'd be more focused on his job and be out there looking for my son." "Luke, no one is stopping you from looking for him," said Natasha. "I'm starting to think that might be the only way anyone's actually going to do anything," I snapped. "Well if you ask me, perhaps it's best that he's not here," said Natasha, "People still remember how he killed that poor little girl Ellie Jones. The island can do without people like him." "The island can do without people like you!" I snapped at Natasha, "Naive idiots who think we should look after the infected rather than kill them, and just in case you forgot, Kyle killed that girl because she'd been bitten." "Yes, but he didn't have to kill her," said Natasha. "Yes, he did!" I loudly snapped. "That's enough!" Blade aggressively snapped, "Luke, I've told you before; this island isn't a prison. I can't make anyone stay. Especially those that want to leave and do so of their own free will, but I will look into sending soldiers over to the mainland tomorrow." "Don't bother," I snapped, "I'll deal with this myself." "What do you mean?" asked Blade. "Well you said it yourself," I said, "The Island isn't a prison. You can't make people stay, and as Natasha said; there's nothing stopping me from looking for Kyle, so that's what I'll do. I'll look for him." Blade was about to say something but I spoke over him. "No, it's OK Blade," I snapped, "You enjoy your night in with this nob. You LOOK into doing something and in the meantime, I'll ACTUALLY do something."

I stormed off in a right mood. I was livid. I still am. I marched round to Roz's and told her and Mum all about my interaction with Blade. Roz was just as angry as I was.  Roz talked about protesting, setting up a petition and organising some sort of a march. "That's no f*cking good," I snapped, "We need to DO something quick, not p*ss about with protests and petitions." "What you really need is a boat so you can both get over to the mainland," said Mum. "Hang on," said Roz, "There's Rona." "Who's Rona?" I asked. "She's comes to my vegan lesbian book group," said Roz, "She's got a boat. She's not lesbian, or a vegan but she likes the books we read. I could ask her if we could borrow her boat. I'm sure she'll want to help."

Roz left and immediately went to see her friend Rona to ask if we could borrow her boat. An hour later Roz returned with a smile on her face. "We're on," she said, "But Rona wants to come with us." I wasn't happy, but it made sense as Rona was the only one who knew how to drive the boat properly.

So, it looks like me, Roz and this Rona have an early start tomorrow morning and that the three of us are going to sail over to the mainland and try to find Kyle. God, I hope we find him. 

We could really do with Trudy coming with us. Her ability to mate the heads of infected explode would come in really handy, but Trudy's said she doesn't want to get involved. I don't suppose I blame her. Kyle's not really her problem, and after everything that happened in Egypt I can see why she'd want to stay at home with Primark.

So, it's an early start tomorrow morning, meaning I need to get a good night's sleep so I wake up refreshed, energised and ready for a boat trip to the mainland to search for Kyle. I'm still p*ssed off with Blade but for now I need to forget about him and focus on getting some rest, ready for tomorrow.