Entry 813: Tuesday 18th December 2018

Entry 813
Tuesday 18th December 2018

Mia's home. I got everyone around in an attempt to cheer her up but it didn't go too well.

After work I went around visiting everyone and told them about Mia and that I thought it would be nice if we all got together at mine to give Mia some love and support. I gathered everyone together and assembled them all in the living room. Whilst Mia had gone out for a walk everyone arrived and I brought them all up to speed with what had been going on. I told them that we needed to give Mia some love and support, and some words of encouragement. "Encouragement?" said TJ, "She needs to get herself knocked up quicker than a woman whose eggs are going off." "T, please don't say sh*t like that," I said. "Luke, you don't have to patronise us," said Roz, "We know how to talk to someone who's had bad news." "I spoke to someone once who'd been given bad news," said a glum Richard. "What happened?" I asked. "He killed himself two and half hours later," Richard said in a dull tone. "Well that's very helpful," I sarcastically said. "Well he did have a lot to be down about," said Richard, "He was wrongly imprisoned for a crime he did bot commit." "Oooh, it's like that film," said Auntie Meryl, "Oh, what's it called?" "The Longest Yard?" said Mike, "That's a good film." "I've never heard of that one," said Auntie Meryl. "Adam Sandler's in it," said Mike. "No, this one's got a big black fella in it," said Auntie Meryl. "Morgan Freeman, the Shawshank Redemption," said Trudy, "Great film." "No, not that black fella, the other black fella," said Auntie Meryl, "Oh God, what film am I thinking of? What's it called?"

At that moment a pale and depressed looking Mia walked through the front door. She looked shocked and rather taken aback when she saw us all in the living room. "Hi, sweetheart," Naomi said. I gave Mia a warm smile. "What's going on?2 Mia asked. "Well I just thought I'd get everyone around to try and cheer you up," I said. "Cheer me up!?" exclaimed an angry Mia, "Are you serious? Does everyone know about what's happened?" "Well yeah, I told them," I said. "Why?" snapped Mia, "What gives you the right to do that? It's my business not yours. If anyone's going to tell anyone about what's happened, to should be me not you. It's my decision not yours. Who the Hell do you think you are?"  I was really shocked to hear Mia speaking to me like this. I don't think I've ever heard her being so angry with me. "Mia, Luke's just trying to help," said Naomi. "Naomi, I don't need to take advice about what support is from a woman who disappears at the drop of a hat when she goes in mood." "Hey, Mia," said Seth, "There's no need to be like that. You're angry with your Dad, not us." "Oh, so Mr Perfect here has decided to tell me who I'm angry with," exclaimed Mia, "Anyone else want to tell me how I feel?" Mia turned to me and frowned. "Why have you done this to me?" she snapped, "Why would you humiliate me, like this?" "I'm not humiliating you," I said, sounding like a guilty naughty boy who was being told off, "I..." "Oh shut up Luke," snapped an angry Mia, interrupting to me, "Of course you're humiliating me." "Look," said TJ, standing up from the sofa, "I think I know why the atmosphere has gone all tense. There's an elephant in the room and I don't mean Meryl." "Cheeky b*stard," said Auntie Meryl. "I think we all know what's really on Mia's mind, don't we?" said TJ. We all exchanged confusing looks. "Well Mia babe," said TJ, "You don't need to worry. There doesn't need to be an awkward atmosphere or uncomfortableness. I'm going to make it easy for you... I'll shag you and get you pregnant." "Oh Jesus, TJ," I said, rolling my eyes. "Get pregnant by a loser like you and end up having a kid called Pound Land or Captain America?" said a blunt Mia, "I don't think so." "Mia, I just thought we could all give you some support," I said. "Support!" Mia, loudly said with a hint of laughter in her voice, "You thought you could arrange some support. That's a joke. You f*ck up everything you try and organise. You're a walking disaster Luke. Everyone knows that! Eating dog sh*t, walking through the town wearing a bin bag, sh*tting on a load of school kids. What disaster happened whilst trying to sort this little gathering out? Urinating on some pensioners? Vomiting on some orphans?" I tried to say something but Mia interrupted me. "Listen Luke," she firmly said, "I don't need your support. I don't want your support. Leave me alone, stop interfering in my life and just keep your nose out." Mia then stormed off upstairs to her room leaving us all to endure a short but awkward and rather sobering silence. "Well that went well," Ash said. The all of a sudden... "The Green Mile!" Auntie Meryl loudly said, "That's the film I was thinking about."

We all talked about how we can help Mia. Trudy said we should let her stew in her own juice if she doesn't want our help. TJ said he'd volunteer to "chuck one up her" and Seth and Sci-Fi Cyn suggested that we speak to Helen Harvey. I thought this as a good idea but after yesterday I don't think I should get involved. Seth and Sci-Fi Cyn said they'd speak to Helen but after Helene did lots of tests of Mia I am not sure if that option is going to result in a positive outcome, however an option that Mum suggested was that Mia could get pregnant and when the virus has attached to the baby, she could have a termination. A rather harsh thing to suggest and whilst I think it's an option, I really don't think Mia will want to do that. Oh, I don't know what we're going to do.

Mia spent the rest of the day upstairs in her room. She really is in a mood with me. I've tried knocking on her door a few times but she keeps telling me to get lost. Ash and Mum tried but she told them to get lost too. I don't know what we're going to do. I hope she snaps out of this. We need to try and cone up with some sort of a plan of action. I've never seen Mia so angry and I've certainly never seen her so angry at me. It's rather hurtful. All I was doing was try to help.

Luke's Diary: An Unlucky Man In A Zombie Apocalypse. Entries 757 to 956On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara