Entry 793: Wednesday 28th November 2018

Entry 793
Wednesday 28th November 2018

I met up with Katie today and I ended up doing something I never thought I'd do.

Work was rather uneventful. I hardly saw Catherine which in some way was a bit of a blessing. It's a shame we didn't get to have some great sex but as she's so intimidating, I was a bit relieved to avoid a scary encounter with a woman who sticks stuff up my arse and gets turned on seeing what she perceives to be a weak man, suffering. She should have seen me when I was on the mainland. I wasn't weak then was I?! Killing infected like a zombie action hero. I wonder if that would turn her on? Or if it would put her off me? Who knows? All I know is that next time we have sex I'll have to be on guard to see what she has in store for me. There's no bl**dy way I want bulldog clips tightly attached to my nipples again!

Once I'd finished work, I was leaving the store with Mike and Trudy when Katie approached us. With a hint of urgency in her voice she told me that she needed to talk to me, alone. Mike and Trudy hung back and waited for me whilst I spoke to Katie. "I've found out where Keith lives," said Katie. "OK," I said, "But what use is that?" "If I can get into his flat, I can try and look for some clues as to his whereabouts." "Well how are you going to get into his flat?" I asked. "Break in," said Katie. "Don't be ridiculous," I said, "You can't break in." "Sweetie," said Katie, "You might not be able to break in, but I can. Now I'm doing you a favour here, so are you going to come with me or what?" "You're not doing me a favour," I sniped, "You're hunting for a story." "Whilst also doing you a favour," said Katie, "There might be something in Keith's flat that gives us an idea as to where your Mum could be." "We can't just break into someone's flat," I said, "Didn't Blade talk to you about putting something in the paper?" "Yes, yes, yes," said Katie, "There's going to be something in the paper tomorrow but I think there's more to this than meets the eye." Mike and Trudy then came over. "What the frig are you two talking about?" snapped Trudy, "I want to get home." Katie and I exchanged awkward looks. "What's going on?" asked Mike. "Lois Lane here wants us to break into someone's flat to try and look for clues as to where my Mum could be," I said, rolling my eyes in despair. "Cool," said Mike, "I'm up for that." "Yeah, me too," said Trudy. "Hang on a minute," I exclaimed, "Have you both taken leave of your senses? You can't just go around breaking into people's flats." "Why not?" asked Mike. "Yeah, why not?" asked Trudy, "I used to do it all the time when I was a teenager." "Well as lovely as it is to hear about your ASBO years, you can't break into someone's home," I said, "It's not right. What if Blade finds out? What if one of the GRID soldiers sees us?" "Oh, shut up," said Trudy, "This why everyone calls you Nana; you act like an old woman." "What? Because I don't get excited at the prospect of breaking and entering?" I said, "Well pardon me for being a law-abiding citizen." "Luke, there is no law anymore," said Katie, "Not really. We won't get caught. I've done this before and even if we are caught, I'll take the blame and say that I'm doing it for a good cause. Blade wanted me to put something in the paper but he was really specific with me. He said that I shouldn't scare people, be brief and stick to the facts, but like I said, I think there's more to this than meets the eye. I can feel something in my waters." "Oh, I had that problem once," said Trudy, "It was cystitis. Anyway, come on. Let's do this. Just make sure that you two keep your hands off each other." "What do you mean?" asked Katie. "Err... Nothing," I quickly said, "Ignore her. Come on let's go." As we followed Katie to Keith's flat, I was desperately hoping that Mike and Trudy wouldn't say anything that would reveal to Katie that I'd told everyone last night that I was shagging her.

We followed Katie and made our way to Keith's flat; a two bedroomed property above a boarded-up fish and chip shop on the outskirts of Cowes. We walked up to the door that led up to the flat and I pressed the intercom. "What you doing?" asked Trudy. "Pressing the intercom." I said. "Luke. Keith is missing," said Katie, "There's no one there to buzz you in." "You don't know that," I said, "He could live with someone. Maybe he's got a cleaner." "Get out of the f*cking way, d*ckhead" snapped Trudy, pushing me aside, "We've come around here to break in not sell cookies." Trudy raised her leg and gave the door and almighty kick, causing it to violently rattle. "What the f*ck are you doing, you stupid cow?" I snapped, "Are you trying to draw attention to us? Why don't you just go knocking on everyone's door telling them that we're breaking in." Look, Nana," said Trudy, "You can p*ss about out here pressing buttons and fannying about but I came out here to knock a f*cking door down, and knock a f*cking door down is what I'm gonna do." "Jesus Christ you really are as rough as f*ck aren't you?" "Both of you just stop it," said Katie, "We don't need to knock the door down." Katie produced a small yale key as a large smile appeared on her face. "Is that for the flat?" asked Mike. "No," I sarcastically said, rolling my eyes, "It's for the front door to the yacht club. Of course, it's for the front door." "It was underneath the plant pot," said Katie. "Aaaw," said a disappointed Trudy, "I was looking forward to knocking the door down." "Trudy, not everything has to be dealt with like a bull in a china shop." I said. Katie inserted the key into the keyhole, unlocked the door and she entered the building and quickly made her way up some stairs as the rest of us followed her. I felt rather nervous. I've never broken into someone's flat before. I felt really naughty and was worried that someone might have seen us.