Chapter 2

Matt's POV: While walking out of Gabby's room, I put my coat on the chair in there. Grabbing my phone on the way out, I went to make a call to the firehouse to let Boden know that I needed to be here now. Gabby was giving birth to my child. I hoped he would understand.

That's when he picked up. "Casey, where the hell are you? Truck came back alone." I sighed, knowing he was mad. "Okay, before you get mad...I need to tell you some good news. Turns out Gabby's pregnant." I heard silence on the other end of the phone. "Is she back in town to give birth?" I sighed. "Yes, now before you ask...it turns out that it's my child."

I heard Boden clear his throat, obviously shocked. "Wow, this is news. So, that's why you aren't here then? You are planning to..." I sighed. "Boden, I get I have shift but...you know what we went through last time. I can't be anywhere other than by her side, letting her know that she has my full support. Sure, we need to talk but...I'm having a baby."

Boden was silent again before finally speaking up. "I agree with your decision, Matt stay there and be with Gabby. Call us with updates, we are praying for it to go well. Now, do you need anything from us?" I thought about it before realizing I needed my things. "Can you get Severide to drive my truck and things here?" Boden agreed. "He's on his way."

I smiled hearing that before letting him go. That's when I heard Antonio walk into Gabby's room, obviously not seeing me. "Sis, what the hell is happening?" He got scared as he walked in. I then came in and walked behind him before smiling. "Nice to see you again Antonio."